• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    :twocents:I have two Springfield XD's (4" and sub-compact) and I love them both. Extremely reliable and comfortable in my hand! Look into XD before you buy a Glock.

Buy a Springfield XD 3in 4in or 5in. I have a 4in in 9mm and it is great never had a failure to fuction perfectly. Read up on them. Won gun of the year at least 3 times. A new one off gunbroker.com runs 435 + ffl fees. Please DO NOT buy a glock without checking into an XD.

Im with these guys most definitely.

Looking at a XD will make him buy a Glock, for sure.

;)

And personally think this guy is crazy. :):

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Sold my Hi-Point yesterday and today purchased off of a fellow INGO member, a Springfield XD 9mm.... SO GLAD i went with this instead of the Taurus!!

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    oh my god, ease up on the glocks...they are not gods gift to shooters!...that being said...out of the three you are considering the Ruger has the best track record, actually they have been tested and proven to be just as reliable as a glock! (not making that up, one of the guys on my forums did a torture test on hist, i believe within a couple weeks he shot over 1O,OOO rounds thru w/o cleaning or adding lubrication...it had maybe a mags worth of jams thru the 10,000 rounds)

i myself own a p95pr with the 15 rnd mags (and if 15 isn't enough, mecgar makes a 22 and 30 round mag)...the gun is way more accurate than i am but from a rest out of the box it was shooting 1-2 inch groups at 30ft...i had a few jams in the first 50 rounds but since then this gun has been scary accurate and trouble free. really, this thing is built like a tank, a little heavy at 26oz unloaded but it feels so good in hand and the trigger is real nice...nice heavy DA pull and about a 5-6 lb SA pull....

you simply CAN NOT get a better 9mm for the money...really i like the XD line, love the 92s (beretta), and the Glocks do have a strong earned reputation behind them, most of the guns might have better ergonomics and a few other differences (XD and G19 are striker, another reason i like my p95...IMO hammer operated designs have far less isues and are easier to strip down and clean the firing pin and bore)....in conclusion, yea you can save up another 300-400$ and buy one of the more expensive 9mms up above, or you can take your 300$ and buy a gun that you will never get rid of....i would be another one in a heartbeat if i needed two.....

but if you are going to save up, my recommendation would be the XD9...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Of the three you listed, I prefer the P95 and have chosen it as my carry weapon. After break in, it's proven to be very reliable, it's very accurate, and it's very rugged. For $353 brand new, out the door, including taxes, I just don't think you can do any better. I chose this gun in preference to more expensive ones, and am quite pleased with my choice.

Last week I had the opportunity to shoot a lot of different guns side by side, including XDs, M&Ps, Sigs, and Glocks. With the exception of the Glock, I still like my P95 better than any of them. I've owned them all in the past, but that was the first time I've actually shot them side by side like that. I do like the Glock 19 slightly better, but only slightly. I like the Glock 26 a lot better, but that is because for whatever reason it's just one of those guns that is a fit for me, and is a wonderful combination of power and compact size.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Im not sure about the Glock for a couple of reasons, 1. They have no manual safety 2. Out of my price range.... Right now i have $300., and if i sell my HP i will have about 350-400... Saving right now is not really an option, with kids and christmas coming up... So let me say it this way, What would you recommend for under $400? When i called Bradis, he told me that he would go with a Bersa 9mm before he went with a Taurus... Agree? Disagree? The Bersa 9mm is $349 and the Taurus 24/7 9mm is also $349 at Bradis

I'm a big Taurus fan. Owned maybe 10 of them over the years, and not one of them has ever given me a lick of trouble. Still, there are an awful lot of people who have had trouble with their 24/7s. It seems to be one of their weaker designs, and while the Millenium Pro (a close cousin of the 24/7) I owned worked well, something about the way it felt always gave me nagging doubts about it's long term durability. If you want to go with a Taurus, I'd pick up one of their Model 85s in the price range you are at, or look for a used PT92/99 if you don't mind going to the trouble of concealing a very big gun.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I am amazed at how many people don't read the whole thread... He already bought an XD guys, you can stop trying to convince him to get something else. Also after he said that the absolute max he could spend was $400 some people kept suggesting other guns and even giving prices over $400.

To the OP: Glad you got something better than the Hi-point. You will def enjoy your XD. Now just get yourself some cheap practice ammo and train whenever you can afford it.

LuckyGunner.com

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    USA
    XD

I was going to suggest an XD9 since you can get them new without the XD gear for around 399. I think you picked the best choice. I have over 10k rounds through my XD9 and haven't had any hiccups. Given the list that you originally had you definitely got a better overall firearm than the 3 you listed. (the Ruger might be a side grade but I prefer the XD).

That being said I carry a G23, but that has to do with the caliber as I prefer the .40 S&W for a carry piece.

Have you had a chance to shoot the XD for a comparison?

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    I havent had a chance to shoot it yet, I will try to get to the inlaws this weekend, and set up some targets in the cornfield, Im excited !!

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i would get the Ruger. i had a ruger p89, i liked the gun, but had to sell to help pay for repairs on my car. ive seen p95's for about $300 on budsgunshop, they also got the s & w 910 in that range. the ruger p95 is definately on my to get list, i need a good 9. as for the glocks, they just dont tickle my fancy you know... maybe ill get a springfield xd, jk, maybe

Last edited:

right2arms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    hope you are happy with the xD. But there are plenty of good nines out there. and if you can manage to CC a hi point you could pretty much carry anything.
    super_shorty_870.jpg

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    I've done what most appear to suggest about getting your hands on the guns. I've fired many and found the XD was good, but ended up with a Glock 19. Just tucked away some more nuts to get it, and I am very happy I did.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sold my Hi-Point yesterday and today purchased off of a fellow INGO member, a Springfield XD 9mm.... SO GLAD i went with this instead of the Taurus!!

I am amazed at how many people don't read the whole thread... He already bought an XD guys, you can stop trying to convince him to get something else. Also after he said that the absolute max he could spend was $400 some people kept suggesting other guns and even giving prices over $400.

To the OP: Glad you got something better than the Hi-point. You will def enjoy your XD. Now just get yourself some cheap practice ammo and train whenever you can afford it.

go with the either one of the taurus'

i would get the Ruger. i had a ruger p89, i liked the gun, but had to sell to help pay for repairs on my car. ive seen p95's for about $300 on budsgunshop, they also got the s & w 910 in that range. the ruger p95 is definately on my to get list, i need a good 9. as for the glocks, they just dont tickle my fancy you know... maybe ill get a springfield xd, jk, maybe

tactical_facepalm.jpg

Top Bottom