• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsalazar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    NWI
    I'm looking to purchase a a carry pistol for my girlfriend. We already tried a S&W bodyguard 380 auto, and she didn't like it. (hurt her hand when shooting it.) So I'm here asking my fellow INGOers for some recommendations on a pistol for my girl to CC with. Not looking for anything stronger than a 9mm.

Thanks in advance!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would recommend looking at a (and lots of other members will suggest) S&W Shield or a Glock 26. Shield would be my first choice. Very compact and a nice durable pistol. I love mine.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Best bet is to let her coonfinger them till she finds one she likes.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    These threads just end up with a lot of suggestions but you no closer to your goal. Get to a range and rent some guns.

I'm waiting for the thread that reads "Help me find a girl for my gun."
    That would be the better approach. Unless your gun is a desert eagle .50AE
    Then your girl may be named Helga and weigh more than you.

tsalazar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    NWI
    Never even thought about the shield but we're definitely gonna try one out. Especially since she likes shooting my M&P.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    These threads just end up with a lot of suggestions but you no closer to your goal. Get to a range and rent some guns.

I'm waiting for the thread that reads "Help me find a girl for my gun."
    That would be the better approach. Unless your gun is a desert eagle .50AE
    Then your girl may be named Helga and weigh more than you.

Hmmm, never thought about giving that a try.

9mm xd looking for a girl... and go!

On a serious note... Do go out and let her handle and shoot them until she finds one that she likes.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville

I'll second that. Let her see what she thinks of different calibers and different manufacturers. Also, find a good gun shop where you both feel comfortable and the person behind the counter takes the time to find out what feels right in her hand.

I took my wife into a gun shop but let her discuss with the sales person what she wanted. He asked a few questions, led her to the guns most suited to her wants/needs, and then let her handle several ones. She narrowed it down to a Glock and a Springfield. She then asked my opinion and I told her it was her gun, pick which one felt better. She got the Springfield, XD 9mm. Her hands are small, but the gun just fit her perfectly.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I got my girl a Sig P238. She really likes it but is still getting used to the heavy trigger pull. The Sig P938 is a choice worthy of looking at too. My concern with an XD or Glock is that they tend to be on the heavy side for many women (men too) and when they are less than comfortable to carry, they (men and women both) have a tendancy NOT to carry them... which kills the point of having one in the first place.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    walther pk380 it's a 380 round, but it's a larger frame, so the recoil and muzzle flip are pretty easy going.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The Body Guard Academy is offering a class Saturday and Sunday at the Gunslinger's gunshow in Fort Wayne specifically designed for helping women choose the right gun for them. I believe the classes will be from 12-1 both days.

Top Bottom