• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anelson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Indiana
    I bought a Lee Pro 1000 press, and I am having some problems with the pro auto disk measure. When I was moving things around on the bench my dog tripped me and I dropped my beam scale. I really dont trust it anymore. I dont have the check weights (they got "misplaced" in the move). Is there any one in Anderson that could help me out to check the weight of the powder drops?
    Thanks,
    Nelson

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Yes I can . Ill weigh a bullet on mine and bring it too you. You cant trust Auto Disk anyway if you go by their charts, most of the data is right on but some are not ,I just had a resent powder where I had to drop to next smaller size hole. email me.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Most of that Lee VMD data isn't worth squat. I have one or two powders where it still works. You need a new beam scale regardless. I get buy with the $20 Lee Safety Scale. Probably cheaper than getting new check weights, and it is indestructible.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I bought a Lee Pro 1000 press, and I am having some problems with the pro auto disk measure. When I was moving things around on the bench my dog tripped me and I dropped my beam scale. I really dont trust it anymore. I dont have the check weights (they got "misplaced" in the move). Is there any one in Anderson that could help me out to check the weight of the powder drops?
    Thanks,
    Nelson
    Nel., if you have a selection of name brand bullets (Sierra,Hornady,Nosler,Speer) take several and check your scale against their labeled weight. It is best if you use 3 to check. In other words, at times I will take 3 Sierra 52gr. HPBT Match bullets and weigh them. They will weigh exactly 156gr. (+/- 0.1gr.) Or if I use 2, they will weigh 104gr.
    If you are not close on the weight-find another scale. DO NOT load with an inaccurate scale==PROBLEMS.. Bill.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I agree, check your scale with several match bullets. I can't imagine the amount of abuse it would take to put your balance beam scale out of whack. I own two and I use them to check my Pact electronic scale.

Top Bottom