• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Well, I would say there are some kinds of "excitement" that you really don't want.

Like, always having to wonder if your gun is going to work may make life more "interesting," but that is a case where boring, predictable, sameness is probably better.
    :+1:

Kind of reminds me about the joke: Why does Superman stand and deflect bulletts shot at him but ducks when you throw the gun at him? :laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    DA/SA Semi Compact Polymer Baby Desert Eagle (Jericho) in 9mm. Many variations including all steel or polymer, Fullsize, SC, and Compact, Slide safety/decocker or frame mounted, 15/12/10 round mags that can also use CZ75 mags. Only the Semi-compact Polymer variation has integrated Acc. Rail. Only issues is mine won't feed Gold Dot HP's and 124gr FMJ ammo. No other issues. Period. Great trigger pull, excellent accuracy, great low light sights, simple take down and assembly, and even me being a small guy I can conceal it just fine.

Oh, and it only cost me 478.xx after tax. AAC Guns, Moorseville, IN. They'll treat you good and great guys to go BS with! :P

BabyEagle006.jpg

BabyEagle007.jpg

BabyEagle008.jpg

CC004.jpg

Last edited:

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    My vote is with a Sig . If you take your time and look in the right shops, you can probably find a virtually new Sig 229 or a Sig 239 for $500 or very close to it. As has already been mentioned, they are known for accuracy and dependability. They also hold their value pretty well. Avoid a Bersa, not because they aren't good guns , but because there is little, if any , resale on them when you decide to trade up.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have been very happy with my Blade-Tech UCH holster. I like that it is very easy to tuck my shirt in over it. (office attire). Heard great things about raven also.

Good luck. Fire away the questions after you get it out running.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just don't get that term I guess. :dunno:
    I know another guy who used a similar term to describe a rifle he had... he called it boringly accurate. THAT one I kinda get because there is nothing you can tinker with to make it more accurate. but a self defense handgun that is boringly reliable. Hmmmmm

I'm guessing he means its boring when you don't play Russian Roulette with your life like you do when carrying a gun of questionable reliability. :D

Well, I would say there are some kinds of "excitement" that you really don't want.

Like, always having to wonder if your gun is going to work may make life more "interesting," but that is a case where boring, predictable, sameness is probably better.

Yes, this is is what I meant. The P6 just functions as it should everytime I take it out and practice with it.

Now, I've only put about 550 rounds through it...but for what you can pick one up for, I think it's a great buy.

relichunter1864

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Metal on Metal - 3913

S&W 3913 . I have seen 1000+ rounds through several of these with no problems. They are mid size and metal on metal.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Dont like the no safety aspect of glocks, even though I enjoy shooting them, and want their reliability

You CAN have external manual safety on a Glock. It's made by Cominolli Custom:

Cominolli Custom

Works like 1911's, except it doesn't lock the slide, so you can chamber a round with safety on. I'm thinking of putting one in my G23. The only downside is cost. The safety kit cost $75, the cutting guide (frame slotting fixture) cost $65. On top of those, I need to get a Dremel...

BTW, Cominolli safety is not the first for Glock. Glock had one time made a G17S with factory manual safety. It looked like a Cominolli twin...

The Glock FAQ [Rare & Collectible Glocks]

Top Bottom