• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    What are the plans for this gun? Carry? Range fun? Home defense? If its gonna be an everyday carry, you may want to figure that in as to whether it will be concealed or open carry. Just some more to try and factor in.

-MColford

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    What are the plans for this gun? Carry? Range fun? Home defense? If its gonna be an everyday carry, you may want to figure that in as to whether it will be concealed or open carry. Just some more to try and factor in.

-MColford

Thanks again for all the good advice, and suggestions. I will check out these models at the next 1500.

To answer this question: The use of this gun would be for range, fun and home defense. This one would fulfill my want for a higher quality, great shooting gun.

I have a .380 for pocket carry, but the next one on my list is a .40 EDC. This would be something like a Walther PPS, or maybe a CZ 2075.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Go with what feels best in your hand,in mine I like the gen 2 glocks not gen 3, thay dont fit my large hands. CZ's are vary nice and HK's shoot real well. I have aHK mark23 and it shoots and fits good, althow it's 45 and you want 40.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    If you want a P30 and buy something else, you will still want a P30!

23h0klv.jpg

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    When your at the 1500 pick up a Beretta PX4 Storm. They are great shooters and the recoil of the 40 feels like a 9mm and very accurate.

DSC01210.jpg

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    1 Down 1 to Go. I had an opportunity to compare a P30 to a Sig 2022, and they are very similar in feel and looks. So, for half the price, I went home with the 2022. The P30 will happen someday, but not today. I did check out a lot of the guns mentioned here, so I thank you all for the suggestions. Now... I'm thinking a CZ 2075 is next.

photo-5.jpg

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I picked up a pm40 made by Kahr today, I loved my pm45 and the 40 is smaller. I love how easy it carries. I was hoping I would like the px4 but to me a very bulky gun.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    1 Down 1 to Go. I had an opportunity to compare a P30 to a Sig 2022, and they are very similar in feel and looks. So, for half the price, I went home with the 2022. The P30 will happen someday, but not today. I did check out a lot of the guns mentioned here, so I thank you all for the suggestions. Now... I'm thinking a CZ 2075 is next.[/IMG]

Congrats on your Sig.

I have a 9mm CZ Rami alloy that I carry daily. I've found it to be the perfect Goldilocks fit for a carry gun for me. I replaced the grips with some nice wood grips and now it's a great shooter and looks the part. My only issue is that magazines are a bit expensive but so are Sig mags.

I haven't had a chance to shoot a 40 version though so no experience there.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    Congrats on your Sig.

I have a 9mm CZ Rami alloy that I carry daily. I've found it to be the perfect Goldilocks fit for a carry gun for me. I replaced the grips with some nice wood grips and now it's a great shooter and looks the part. My only issue is that magazines are a bit expensive but so are Sig mags.

I haven't had a chance to shoot a 40 version though so no experience there.

My buddy has the 40 version, and I have to agree that it's a great fit for EDC and with the right grips, it's a great looking gun. Though finding one is proving to be difficult. Your right about the mags too. I picked one up at the show today, and it was a little painful.

Top Bottom