• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am relatively new to the handgun scene, and was just looking for a little advise so I can narrow my search.

With that said, I really like the look, feel, and size of the HK P30 .40, however I have never fired one. So now that I'm in the market for a .40, are there any other suggestions, that have the same look, size, feel, as the HK?

Any reason not to get the P30?

Thanks in advance.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You're going to be really happy with a P30. They have excellent recoil systems.

Btw, where did you find one. I want a P30L in 9mm.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Sounds like you have already made up your mind. I have a P30 in 9mm. They are nice guns. If you have the means, you won't be disappointed. And if you change your mind afterwards, they hold value fairly well. You won't get your money back, but you'll get enough to try something else.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    You are also going to get a bunch of replies to buy a Glock 22/23, M&P, XD/XDm, FN, Sig, etc. and spend the money you save by not buying an HK on ammo or training.

But at the end of the day it is all about what looks/feels best to you.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    It's good to hear that you guys are happy with them. I definitely want one, but I could be convinced to check out something else, especially if it saved me a couple hundred.

I just wondered if there was a CZ or Sig or something that fit the bill. I'm sure they're nice, but I just can't get into Glocks, so those are out.

Thanks again for the reassurance on the P30.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    You're going to be really happy with a P30. They have excellent recoil systems.

Btw, where did you find one. I want a P30L in 9mm.

I have not found one yet, but I did check one out at the last 1500. I freed up some funds, so now I'm serious about getting one. I plan on going to the 1500 to check out some models, so my hope was that this thread would help narrow my search. Thanks

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    At the 1500 handle as many guns as you can, the P30 is a good gun but quite a bit more then other guns

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I will, unless a P30 is found first. Any suggestions?

Keep an open mind, don't go in with the attitude that it's P30 or nothing

I love HK's but my choice was an HK or a trio of carry pistols for different situations, the P30 is a larger handgun and you will find yourself going into situation where carrying it won't be possible for one reason or another.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    Keep an open mind, don't go in with the attitude that it's P30 or nothing

I love HK's but my choice was an HK or a trio of carry pistols for different situations, the P30 is a larger handgun and you will find yourself going into situation where carrying it won't be possible for one reason or another.

Good advice. Is the USP larger frame?

skeetman28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    South Bend
    Have a P30 in 40 S&W...once you shoot it ,you will not want to put it down if only to change the grip panels & backstraps for a better feel than you already have...its points more natural than any other gun you pick up... it's more than others,but worth it since you can get more back on it if yo decide to sell it...Good Luck...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Good advice. Is the USP larger frame?

I wouldn't necessarily say the USP grip is bigger, just different, P30 offers different size panels that you can change out while the USP can't be changed, but the USP is a large and expensive gun also, personally for the money I would get a Glock, Ruger SR40, or M&P, plus a smaller .380 to carry when concealment is a requirerment

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I've got the USP compact .40 with LEM trigger. I like it very much. Never shot a P30 but I'm lusting over it now. Haven't seen many available with the LEM trigger but I'm planning on staying with that setup. I carry my USPc all the time in a supertuck so I'm not sure why a P30 wouldn't be just as concealable. Seems a little sleeker so I'd think it would be more form fitting.

Happy hunting for what you want.

Top Bottom