• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    closest I could find with my google-fu is IC 35-47-4 which deals more with knowingly giving a firearm to a person who is already intoxicated or it known to get intoxicated....nothing about getting intoxicated while in posession of a firearm.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If my understanding of Indiana law is correct, you should not have been carrying in a bar if you were consuming alcohol. As for the ban, yes, they can do that. If they really wanted to push the matter, it is possible that you could have lost your license to carry. Any private business has the right to ban firearms from their premises, and if it is posted as such, violating their policy can result in revocation of your license if Law Enforcement gets involved. I'd say you got lucky.

I've seen it before, but I can't remember where. I've always erred on the side of caution.

That said, what is the law in regards to alcohol consumption while carrying (or is there one at all)?

Indeed! Hopefully they stick around :).

But I hear watching the banhammer fall is so much more fun... when it's not me/us.

Doesn't prove a whole lot, but a little. I have AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon all with devices that can roll IPs (dynamic IPs). Reason being - my business is internet-based and time-critical. If one of my ISPs is down, I have to have a fall-back and it's critical enough that I have two. Even have a small generator + UPS so that I can continue working in a power outage for an extended period even once my laptop battery is dead (around 6 hours of use).

That said, I have better/more important things to do with my time than to pretend to be more than one person. So you are right, I am just me and nobody else (I hope).

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf

C.M.Burns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indy
    reply to topgun9

im sorry to say this, but you embarrass all of us concealed carriers. It is called "concealed" for a reason. Never ever ever pull your gun out unless it's yours or someone else's life on the line. Never pull a gun out in public unless it is for that reason only. I am only 21 and I know this. Guns are serious if you don't know that. That is really just embarrassing. If other people saw that they could feel immediately threatened, call the police, or someone else with an unstable, impulsive mind pull one on you.

just cause you're a little drunk or buzzed doesn't give you the right to show off. sorry to dog you but damn. i dont want to stereotype but whoever you people are, you make me nervous.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yes they can ban you.

Its called Trespass.

Their property, their rules.

Generally speaking, never unholster a weapon in a public place. Bad form, good way to get tossed out.

If anything, be happy they didn't call the police and request you be formally 'trespassed' off the property. Doing that would legally ban you from the property. They did you a favor, said stay away for the rest of the year. What you did was pretty silly.

This...upholstering in public is a dumb move, now you have to pay a stupid tax. Bartender did you a favor, now learn from your mistake.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    im sorry to say this, but you embarrass all of us concealed carriers. It is called "concealed" for a reason. Never ever ever pull your gun out unless it's yours or someone else's life on the line. Never pull a gun out in public unless it is for that reason only. I am only 21 and I know this. Guns are serious if you don't know that. That is really just embarrassing. If other people saw that they could feel immediately threatened, call the police, or someone else with an unstable, impulsive mind pull one on you.

Even if you're open carrying you still don't unholster.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You folks need to give it a rest. There's nothing wrong with upholstering...

521922_f520.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

just cause you're a little drunk or buzzed doesn't give you the right to show off. sorry to dog you but damn. i dont want to stereotype but whoever you people are, you make me nervous.

The OP is not being taken to task for OC or CC.
    It's for removing his firearm from the holster, and coonfingering it.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Not a smart move, they have the right to ban anyone they like. This may have been a good lesson for you.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, this turned in to one, first class, dog pile....classic.

and the thread just kept giving more and more... then he tried to claim again that a property owner can't keep him out... then we have some guy inventing laws about not being allowed to carry in bars... then we learn we have some fellas that are into hand upholstery work... :ingo:

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    So what do you think....mbills2223 and MikeDVB are the same guy with 2 INGO profiles? One posts and the other pats him on the back. I don't think I need 2 profiles.....

Okay, who started a new account just to post this question? :hooked:

From the FAQ:
    What is a Shill Account?
    A shill account is any account you have created after your first initial registration. It is often used by those who have been banned. It is also used to impersonate other individuals or falsely represent one’s self. These accounts will be banned permanently and your initial username may be temporarily banned.

I already have an account. May I create a new one? (Sometimes called a Shill Account)
    No, you may not. You are allowed one and only one account. If you have created an account and are unhappy with the username, please send a PM to the moderator(s). Please include why you want it to be changed and what you want it to be changed to. The more information you can provide, the better we will be able to assist you. Name changes are not guaranteed and are taken on a case-by-case basis, so please be thorough in your request.

What happens if I create another account?
    The new one you create will be banned permanently. Your original username may receive a temporary ban as well.

I have two accounts but am only using one. What should I do?
    Please inform a moderator and we'll close the account you're not using. If you are caught with two accounts without informing the staff, the newest one will be closed. If you let us know ahead of time we're a lot more likely to be lenient with your remaining account.

May I have my membership canceled/account deleted?
    We do not cancel memberships or delete accounts. If you do not want to use your account anymore, please just stop using it.

That's probably not much of an issue here...

OP, hang in there, the only cure for ignorance is knowledge. Looks like you've got plenty of that now. If ya don't know any better, ya don't know any better. Just be glad you chose this course of action (coming to INGO to learn), spend enough time here and threads like this will teach you a lot without having to make similar mistakes yourself. Shake it off, rub some dirt on it, move on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom