• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You're starting to sound like one who would argue that we take all guns away to prevent deaths...

There is a difference between looking at a firearm and going on a shooting spree. Even "waving" a gun around is a far cry from being a clear and present danger.

Nice straw man, but way off topic.

Situational awareness is all I am referring to.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Really? I'm thinking if someone walks into a public area and starts waving a gun around, most would consider that a danger. It's certainly not going to attract positive attention.

Sorry, my word use in that post was poor. Someone waving a gun around is not necessarily malicious, and depending on what is meant by waving a gun around in the air, they may or may not present a danger.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'd still make sure that his stance/actions weren't aggressive before I did anything serious. My hand might start moving towards my weapon, but after realizing he was just doing something not incredibly intelligent, I'd pass it off as adjusting some article of clothing, or something.

Thank you, someone who gets my point.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

How is this?

the-day-after-the-accel-investment-mark-zuckerberg-was-at-a-gas-station-when-a-crazy-guy-with-a-gun-came-at-him-zuck-jumped-in-his-suv-and-drove-away.jpg

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Nice straw man, but way off topic.

Situational awareness is all I am referring to.

Not a straw man, and not that far off topic.

I too am referring to situational awareness. Being aware enough of my situation to know whether I need to draw a weapon or tell some guy to put his piece away.

Thank you, someone who gets my point.

He said virtually the same thing that I did. He said evaluate the situation and have the presence of mind to recognize a threat versus a non-threat.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    So what do you think....mbills2223 and MikeDVB are the same guy with 2 INGO profiles? One posts and the other pats him on the back. I don't think I need 2 profiles.....

Admin or mods can determine if these people are posting from the same IP address pretty easily.

I'm just making a comment and want to see what my new avatar looks like. Since and all we're beating a dead horse now.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    just walk away and dont go back till the bartender quits...dont let them know your name or it could mean more trouble...it will blow over if you dont make an issue of it...hopefully not everyone knows who you are there....learn from it and move on

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    He said virtually the same thing that I did. He said evaluate the situation and have the presence of mind to recognize a threat versus a non-threat.

*she*

:dunno:

And I believe HICKMAN was more specifically referencing the fact that I acknowledged that my hand would start drifting gun-ward.

So I'm more on both of your sides.

Okay kids, lets start playing nice and getting along.

No, wait, I take that back, all the fighting can get entertaining.

:popcorn:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

No, you didn't. You told one poster the he'd draw down on him, when he never said as much.

I followed up with a question of how long you would wait before reacting and you responded with "you must be one of those people who want to disarm...."

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    No, you didn't. You told one poster the he'd draw down on him, when he never said as much.

I followed up with a question of how long you would wait before reacting and you responded with "you must be one of those people who want to disarm...."
    I think we all know you're on the same page and one person just wasn't as good at explaining it via a text-based medium as another.

Let's let this one go? :)

Top Bottom