• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jepling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Thanks guys. I didn't understand the rules off the bat. My friend who told me about INGO advised me on a Glock 19. Plus, one of the physical therapist's at work is ex Army and is still in the reserves going to Wisconsin for 3 weeks every few months. He suggested it. I've been to the LGS's in town. I just knew from what I've been told, INGO has many knowledgeable members about making a decision on what would best fit me. I have a tough skin trust me. Being a RN and dealing with life and death on a daily basis does that to you. Also, I lost my parents by the time I was 18. But, I should have read the regs before rushing into it. But, I'm glad I finally joined. And, I believe after these holidays are over, being a supporter would be a great idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would a Mod jump on a member asking a legitimate question? And why does a member need the forum rules explained? It's getting to the point to where everyone is suspicious of a new member because he is interested in purchasing a firearm. I don't see anywhere in his post that he has any intentions of heading to the classifieds (OMG!!!). He is looking for a G19 in the Terre Haute area. Op, I am sure there are more than a few LGS's that could order you a G19 and hopefully they're a Blue Label participant. Good luck in your search and welcome to INGO! Merry Christmas!!!

Mod sent him a PM explaining how the Forum works.
    He was gracious and calm in his 2 replies.
    No one was jumped on. Everything is just fine.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Welcome aboard, in addition to a Glock 19 you should look at an FN FNS in 9mm and a Smith & Wesson M & P in 9mm. Both of these weapons are comparable in price to a Glock 19.
    There are plenty of good 9mm hand guns on the market, although your friend gave you his opinion, he is not you, do some research yourself and see what fits you and your needs.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks guys. I didn't understand the rules off the bat. My friend who told me about INGO advised me on a Glock 19. Plus, one of the physical therapist's at work is ex Army and is still in the reserves going to Wisconsin for 3 weeks every few months. He suggested it. I've been to the LGS's in town. I just knew from what I've been told, INGO has many knowledgeable members about making a decision on what would best fit me. I have a tough skin trust me. Being a RN and dealing with life and death on a daily basis does that to you. Also, I lost my parents by the time I was 18. But, I should have read the regs before rushing into it. But, I'm glad I finally joined. And, I believe after these holidays are over, being a supporter would be a great idea.

OP welcome. The Glock 19 is a great choice for a first handgun. It is one of if not the most popular handgun in the USA. If you buy a Glock 19 and decide on another handgun later then you still have a Glock 19. That is not a bad position to be it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You might keep an eye on the events section.
    Sometimes there is a meet & eat, or a meet & shoot in your area.
    Good way to meet some other INGOers.
    And the shoots are a good way to try different guns.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Welcome to INGO. You will make a great addition to the forum. You are as cool as the other side of the pillow the way you handled the people that were referenced to you in post #10. :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom