Not open for further replies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to :ingo:.

This is a gun owner community and not a for-sale board. If that is what you want, then Hoosier Topics or Armslist might be better for you. Hope you stick around and participate. There is a lot to learn and share here.

jepling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I apologize. I am new to INGO. I learned of this site from playing clash of clans. I am 39. A RN living in Terre Haute. I am originally from Plainfield. I was confused about this. I in no way, was attempting to offend anyone. The more I look around and see what INGO is all about, the more informed I will become. I'm a talker, I don't normally write short posts. I intend to look more at what this site offers. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused from my original thread.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    No offense taken. Newbies are given slack, but we aren't shy about pointing you in the right direction. :)

Just join in, read, contribute and you will be fine. INGO does have a classifieds area, but it is for contributing members and it takes a little bit to get that status. Think of it as a probationary period while you learn about INGO and we learn some about you from your posts.

So what type of shooting do you do- target, hunting, etc? Or are you new to guns?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I apologize. I am new to INGO. I learned of this site from playing clash of clans. I am 39. A RN living in Terre Haute. I am originally from Plainfield. I was confused about this. I in no way, was attempting to offend anyone. The more I look around and see what INGO is all about, the more informed I will become. I'm a talker, I don't normally write short posts. I intend to look more at what this site offers. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused from my original thread.
    All's good and welcome to the nuthouse!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welcome to the forum.

Get your 50 posts, or become a site supporter.
    Don't worry, there are gun deals everyday. If you see something you like, there'll be another deal later.

In the mean time, you might like it hear.
    Just remember, with +30,000 members, we have all types of people and opinions.
    Nothing on INGO affects your life, job, home. So, have a thick skin, and don't worry about things said that might make you mad.
    This is a good place to get info, and there are some great people here.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

An RN might qualify as a first responder or EMT for Glock and Smith&Wesson "Blue Lable" discounts. If that is the case then a new Glock can be had for about the same price as used. Might be worth checking out.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Welcome to the site. Seemed like some of the guys jumped on you for first talking about buying without the 50 posts. It's great that you are interested in getting a new firearm. I agree with the poster about going to a LGS (local gun shop). Check around all the LGS. Fondle as many guns as you can and even try renting and shooting at a local range to discover which fits your hands best. I bought a Glock 23 because that is what my sister carried on duty and wished I had checked around a bit more. The Glock 19 is, I believe, the same as a G23 and is a great gun although for my large hands a full size might be better. So, find a friend locally and let him show you the ropes. Don't forget to apply for your LTCH (license to carry hand gun) and think about joining the NRA. Next month is the Indy 1500, a gun show at the fairgrounds on 38th street in Indy. Lots of venders and also an INGO booth. Maybe I'll see you there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welcome to the site. Seemed like some of the guys jumped on you for first talking about buying without the 50 posts. It's great that you are interested in getting a new firearm. I agree with the poster about going to a LGS (local gun shop). Check around all the LGS. Fondle as many guns as you can and even try renting and shooting at a local range to discover which fits your hands best. I bought a Glock 23 because that is what my sister carried on duty and wished I had checked around a bit more. The Glock 19 is, I believe, the same as a G23 and is a great gun although for my large hands a full size might be better. So, find a friend locally and let him show you the ropes. Don't forget to apply for your LTCH (license to carry hand gun) and think about joining the NRA. Next month is the Indy 1500, a gun show at the fairgrounds on 38th street in Indy. Lots of venders and also an INGO booth. Maybe I'll see you there.

I don't think they "jumped on" so much as "explained".
    Better someone points the rule out and tries to help, then a Mod jumps on them.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Why would a Mod jump on a member asking a legitimate question? And why does a member need the forum rules explained? It's getting to the point to where everyone is suspicious of a new member because he is interested in purchasing a firearm. I don't see anywhere in his post that he has any intentions of heading to the classifieds (OMG!!!). He is looking for a G19 in the Terre Haute area. Op, I am sure there are more than a few LGS's that could order you a G19 and hopefully they're a Blue Label participant. Good luck in your search and welcome to INGO! Merry Christmas!!!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Why a block 19? If you ever decide to get into reloading you'll have to get another gun.....Which is not a bad thing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :chillpill:

Nothing wrong with him talking about non-IJGO puchase.
    And nothing wrong with people making sure he's not talking about INGO transaction and getting in trouble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom