• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheCapt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Portage, IN
    New guy from Portage here...hello all. I stumbled upon this site while looking into how long it usually takes to receive an Indiana carry license, and after reading a lot of threads I thought I should join the community.

I'm new to the world of firearms, my first was a 10/22 Takedown I purchased last spring, and now a Ruger SR22 I put some money down on to introduce myself to handguns. It appears it may be a while before I can take it to the range, if I understand Indiana's carry laws correctly, but I look forward to taking some local training classes in the future if I can find some...and if I receive my permit before winter (I'm going to the Sheriff Friday to finish the application).

Thanks in advance for all the great info I'm about to read!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Welcome also from Portage. If you go to the range with somebody else who has a carry permit you would be good to go (they would be the one in possession / carrying it). Otherwise, yeah, it sucks, you'll be waiting a few weeks.

TheCapt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Portage, IN
    Welcome also from Portage. If you go to the range with somebody else who has a carry permit you would be good to go (they would be the one in possession / carrying it). Otherwise, yeah, it sucks, you'll be waiting a few weeks.

I've heard this, and I'm thinking this is what I'll have to do for a while. It's sounding like it could be 12+ weeks before the license is issued.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

Im under the impression this isnt true anymore and anyone can go to the range without a license.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom