• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've worn hearing aids for the last 30 years. These are Widex (made in the Netherlands), and were $5K.
    As others have said, get the best that you can afford !

1728486576224.png

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My first trip to an audiologist was disappointing.
    They told me that hearing aids would do me little good since my hearing was so imbalanced.
    One good ear would sense the bad ear's aid through the bone before it was loud enough to help the bad ear.

Lifelong shooter, but I also had a sound reinforcement company for over twenty years, traveling around doing several big concerts every week.

My ears have been abused dramatically for most of my life, even though, during my sound company days, I tried to protect, but it still had to be head splittingly loud for Whitesnake, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple or Iron Maiden concert tours.

Second trip to an audiologist, three years ago, I did more research and chose the top Dr.
    Insurance covered $2k but I went with an upscale version resulting in out of pocket at $3K. That got me wireless charging, re-programable as my ears continue to age, tiny in ear product that actually made a huge difference.
    And they amplify clean tones without distortion.

During that ten year hiatus between audiologist visits, I did try some CVS shelf units, even in the $200 price range. Almost worthless. They distort!
    I'll be 69yrs old next week.
    I went and saw AC/DC right after the "Those about to Rock" in Lakeland, Florida. I think I was the only one in there without cotton in my ears...

Malware

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2016
    Flavortown
    I do, mainly so I can fit in some soft plugs, then cans on top to do a little more.
    I've done that for half my life, way before hearing problems showed up.
    that's exactly what I'm doing now - trying to save as much as I can and delay getting hearing aids as long as possible and probably longer than I should

Top Bottom