• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Was watching WishTV 8 local news this evening and an interview with Mayor Greg Ballard. Mayor Ballard volunteered that he would seek new restrictive gun regulations for Indianapolis/Marion County based upon New York City's restrictive gun laws ala Micheal Bloomberg. I could not find the story on their (WishTV) web site but it came direct from the Mayor. He stated that he would look to the State of Indiana (Legislature) to assist him in the regulation and restriction of firearms to control the rising gun violence in Indy. He further stated that he was Not Anti 2nd Amendment But new gun restrictions were necessary and of course Plaxico Burris was mentioned and gun registration for Indy was touted.

Maybe a chilling time for all legal law abiding gun owning residents of Indiana and the United States :rolleyes:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Need to remind him of ARTICLE 1, Section 32 of the Indiana State constitution!

Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

Unfortunately a lawyer, or dumb mayor, could read that registration would still allow you the right to arms, just registed arms... WRONG!!!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If I lived in Indy I'd be pi$$ed. Problem is that if it starts in Indy it could spread to other parts of the state, even down here in God's country.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If I lived in Indy I'd be pi$. Problem is that if it starts in Indy it could spread to other parts of the state, even down here in God's country.

10-4 on that and with Ballard asking the Indiana Legislature to write the potential restrictive law it could become a state wide edict. Best to show Mayor Ballard the error of his ways prior to him asking the legislature for what we do not want

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Letter writing campaign?

I think we all know it's nice to feel like we are doing something but Letter Campaigns VERY rarely have any effect if at all. How many canned response letters have we posted or do we even know if they read our letters at all?

And this from a former Marine? You would think he'd know better. :xmad:

Politics change people in the strangest ways. First come changing your thoughts and feelings and policies to gain votes. Then comes the sell out to those who offer you the most money to impliment their policies. Then comes the greed of wanting more power, more money. It can affect anyone who gets into politics.

He better not go this route or he won't get re-elected.:noway:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Help from the State Legislature

Consider this. The State Legislature could only help by passing a State Law. If Ballard wants to do something which applies only to Marion County/Indpls, the City County Council would have to do it. I think either is highly unlikely but we should keep the radar turned on.

DRob

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Dear Mayor Ballard, I am writing to tell you that even though I am not a resident of Indianapolis that I do visit often and I am disappointed in your decision to speak about joining or emulating Mayor Bloomberg's anti-gun, anti-second amendment agendas. It is a proven fact that gun control laws do not thwart crime. No gun zones are targeted for attacks as are areas where police presence is low. Your decision/consideration to follow Mayor Bloomberg's lead is disappointing at best and anti-American, it also shows Hoosiers living in your city that you are more concerned about getting votes or funds from people/companies that are anti-gun. I encourage you to reconsider your stance on gun control and encourage you to contact Carmel Mayor Brainerd. Mayor Brainerd was once on Mayor Bloomberg's anti-gun list having promised to entill gun control in Carmel. Mayor Brainerd has since reconsidered his stance and withdrawn his name from this anti-gun agenda. I would gladly speak to you about this and lead you to information that shows the facts I speak of about gun control being a flawed idea.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Consider this. The State Legislature could only help by passing a State Law. If Ballard wants to do something which applies only to Marion County/Indpls, the City County Council would have to do it. I think either is highly unlikely but we should keep the radar turned on.

DRob

We definitely need to keep the radar turned on but I'm not sure that the State Legislature would or could not enact sweeping anti gun restrictions for metropolitan areas that wanted such anti gun legislation. After all, The State Legislature did give us Uni Gov (Thank You DICK Lugar :xmad:) and the great consolidation of Marion County. The Democrats will control the Agenda in the Indiana Legislature (via Pat Bauer) Ask South Bend about their restrictive gun regulations.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have a friend with a local radio show that is going to get an e-mail about this tonight. :D

Thanks - I'm going to try and watch WishTV News at 11 but it is the abbreviated version and may not have it. The reporter even commented that he was surprised at the Ballard comment, he just blurted it out and it wasn't discussed prior to the interview.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Make sure to listen to Greg Garrison on WIBC, he will have something to say about this when he hears about it....and I just made sure he did.

Top Bottom