• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The whole issue is moot anyway, as far as I'm concerned. Indiana is an at-will employment state. If they want you gone, they can easily fire you for any other reason, even with the implied contract exceptions. While I'm happy to see this bill, I still feel like it's a gigantic waste of time.

i would and always have carried at any job ive had anyways. screw leaving it in my car, ive had a lot of psycho bosses so ive always kept a pocket rocket on me at all times and maybe a full size in the locked car, and maybe an AR or a shotgun in the trunk too :D (ya never know)

but i dont think this was a waste of time, because it sticks it to some anti-gun (anti-rights) employers!! even if this bill only told 1 employer they were wrong and they can no longer oppress certan employees then its worth it! those of you who are not helped by this bill, still have the right to carry in your cars and on your person at work if you wish, (unless of coarse in a school or federal building, etc) but if your cought you could be fired, but if SHTF and you have to shoot an attacker at least you will have your life!! and maybe many others because of your actions. GOOD Jobs might be a little harder to find now, but it would still be worth the risk to me. As long as you carry a small pocket pistol or inside the waist, no one will ever see it and you will be good (even if cought they cant have you arested). Ive never worked at a civilian employer who searched their employees at random. If they did then id tuck my piece next to my JEWELS and if they touched it id knock them out for grabbing my junk. :rockwoot:

but at least be happy for your fellow INGO who can now protect themselves to and from work without fear of losing their jobs. even if your still oppresssed

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Oh trust me, I give two sh**s about my company's policy, they'll never get permission to search my vehicle, and as Scutter stated, they could fire me whenever they want anyway.

I just wanted it to pass anyway.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i just called the house republican caucus and they were very nice and took my name and number. then i called the governers office and some tool named todd answered and probly wont even pass on my call to anyone. that makes me angry because they are supposed to log every call good or bad.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The law will pass, and there will be a lawsuit. I personally think this situation will reach the US Supreme Court in the future. The federal judge in Florida called their version "stupid," but upheld it for employees. The Florida law was broad, and said the business couldn't ban anyone from bringing guns in their cars. The federal judge, for whatever reason, said businesses have the right to ban guns from customers, but not employees. I felt that was kinda odd, but oh well.

If I were a business owner, I would just start charging my employees to park on company property. I would only charge what would be needed to cover the costs of legal fees, an additional $1,000,000 of insurance, the costs of zero tolerance work place violence training, and the costs to hire off-duty cops to stand guard on days when I was terminating or laying people off. I don't trust the law, as written, to help me with liability. The no liability language is way too vague. There is nothing in the law that directs the AG to provide legal funds for a company sued under the law. So even though I might win in the end, I still could be looking at a couple grand in legal fees. If the judge found the lawsuit did have some merit, but ultimately ruled in my favor, who would reimburse me/my company for my legal fees if I were the first "test case" for some ambulance chaser?

Top Bottom