• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Steve McGarrett has a new tacticool vest and I really have issues with it.
    Here is the best pic I could find.
    600px-Hawaii_Five0_Remington_870.jpg

There is a holster on the front of the vest.
    You can see it if you look closely at the picture.
    EVERY TIME he reholsters his Sig P226 he points it right at anyone standing to his left.
    And most of the time, sure enough, there is someone standing there.
    I was talking to the TV saying "He pointed his gun right at Kono! He is going to kill somebody!"

Did anyone else notice/ get annoyed by this danger vest?

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I always get a kick out of Chase US Marshall. They always the wear the cool vests with 12 Ga. rounds stuck all over them......... but no one ever carries one!

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Wait all the tacticool stuff aside what is Jin doing there did he hear a loud noise and everything go white then he ended up on this island? Did he know what year it was do they know he was on the "island" who got him his new id for this group?

Sorry had to do it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They always the wear the cool vests with 12 Ga. rounds stuck all over them......... but no one ever carries one!

Doesn't the lead character, Kelli Giddish, carry a 12 gauge? Isn't that the main shoulder weapon of the USMS?

*I watched one episode. Kelli Giddish looks like ex-girlfriend complete with Georgian accent. I was frightened and have not watched since then.

Dodgerdoob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Bloomington
    Lead character always carries a shotgun on chase. Funny thing, one episode they went to a hotel and the "new guy" picked up an MP5 or some smg, the senior officer told him they had to worry about rounds going through walls so better take th AR instead. Don't they have any technical advisors?

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Lead character always carries a shotgun on chase. Funny thing, one episode they went to a hotel and the "new guy" picked up an MP5 or some smg, the senior officer told him they had to worry about rounds going through walls so better take th AR instead. Don't they have any technical advisors?

I believe he said something like "Don't take the 9mm, it goes through walls like paper; take the AR." I did LOL.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

This has throughly been discussed on many forums. The show is, in theory, correct. But a few things are implied. Do a search on it... :popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Actually, I know you won't believe this as I am not a competition shooter nor a papered graduate of some shooting school. But the pistol caliber sub-guns are more likely to penetrate through several walls while 5.56 shot out of the AR's is likely as not to penetrate more than one wall maybe...
    :twocents:

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I see the safety issue you have with this vest, however look at all the shoulder rigs that point the firearm at anyone standing behind you.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    From what I've been able to see while watching Five-0, he uses a Blackhawk Serpa as his holster on the tacticool vest. Of course this requires him to index his finger anyway to push the release so he can draw, so at least he's keeping his booger hook off the bang switch.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Doesn't the lead character, Kelli Giddish, carry a 12 gauge? Isn't that the main shoulder weapon of the USMS?

*I watched one episode. Kelli Giddish looks like ex-girlfriend complete with Georgian accent. I was frightened and have not watched since then.

I'll have you know I've watched two whole episodes... and in both she carried a handgun.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Several of the body armor manufacturers now offer vest carriers with MOLLE straps on them so you can mount holsters, shell holders, and such. I'm pretty sure you can also just buy vests with MOLLE straps from companies like BlackHawk or others.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Uhhh...

I guess I do not understand the issues that some have with the placement of the holster on this vest system. Or apparently with the same issues some have with shoulder rigs.

Top Bottom