• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Well it didn't bother me unitl the episode where he pointed his SIG RIGHT AT Grace Park while reholstering and I though WHOA! Wait a minute!
    At the training class I went to, they not allow cross draw or shoulder holsters because people paint the shooter beside them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Well it didn't bother me unitl the episode where he pointed his SIG RIGHT AT Grace Park while reholstering and I though WHOA! Wait a minute!
    At the training class I went to, they not allow cross draw or shoulder holsters because people paint the shooter beside them.

And the problem?!

See I would have a problem with that attitude at a class. The purpose of the class is training, right.

I would be interested to see what the % of NDs are broken down to by holster types when involved...

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I don't think its a question of more ND's.
    It is more of where a gun is pointing when a ND does occur with a shoulder holster.

Don't take my consternation the wrong way.
    I don't have anything against shoulder holsters or tacticool vests with holster on them.
    I do think that you have to take an extra measure of caution when you use one.
    Like when you reholster your SIG, don't stand on the right side of the hot babe.
    Or anyone else, for that matter.
    Make sure no one is standing there, THEN reholster. :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't think its a question of more ND's.
    It is more of where a gun is pointing when a ND does occur with a shoulder holster.

Don't take my consternation the wrong way.
    I don't have anything against shoulder holsters or tacticool vests with holster on them.
    I do think that you have to take an extra measure of caution when you use one.
    Like when you reholster your SIG, don't stand on the right side of the hot babe.
    Or anyone else, for that matter.
    Make sure no one is standing there, THEN reholster. :dunno:

See, personally I think no matter what holster a person chooses to use an extra measure of caution should be used. ;)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I like the show, but as with MOST cop shows on TV, they REALLY need to spend more time on realistic weapons handling. For example, I was watching NCIS:LA and Hetty was at the firing range, using the index finger from BOTH hands on the trigger of her revolver..:n00b:

Top Bottom