• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Saw this on the sig forum, anyone here hear of this.

This Bank Branch Takes "No Guns Allowed" Very Seriously.... - Topic

I don't know what I would do first, call my lawyer for a civil suit or call all my friends to go to the bank with a magazine on their belt.

I think your title is screwed up. The frankiin branch does not even resemble the door or stickers on the doors from the sig forum. If you are gonna live 2.5 hours away you gotta make sure your facts are facts. I personally think that a no gun policy is bad for any bank, but I think believing someone on a sig forum is even worse. Update, the op on sig forum is from Franklin(there is only one branch)the bank is not

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You know what I think is REALLY sad? That they still have any customers at all. I just can't fathom a person that would want to be treated like they were visiting a prison just to do their banking.

I wanted to switch to PNC over the use of these at Huntington... the local PNC has one... I think I will go over to PNC anyway, because they are in general better... Lady at Huntington made me take off my (very smelly) steel-toe work shoes in one of their stupid airlocks.

I set them on her desk and waited to put them back on in the car. I think she got the hint :rolleyes:

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Chase on binford blvd in indianapolis is OC friendly. Had an issue with the assistant manager have a problem with my firearm, branch manager fixed that issue and ask me to OC in there every time

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Unless I am mistaken on how it's setup, there is another major issue here.

Let's say you are in that bank and have just finished your business there. You start to leave, but before you get to the door, someone set it off on their way in and it locks. Now you are being held in the bank against your will and you're not even the one that set it off.

Also whatever happened to "these doors to remain unlocked during business hours" that I assume public buildings are supposed to abide by?

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    just a thought

There has to be an acceptable work around for fire code or there's a whole other can of worms they'll need to be dealing with there, gosh....I'd just hate to be stuck in a building with no escape due to a single in out door that locked itself.

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Unless I am mistaken on how it's setup, there is another major issue here.

Let's say you are in that bank and have just finished your business there. You start to leave, but before you get to the door, someone set it off on their way in and it locks. Now you are being held in the bank against your will and you're not even the one that set it off.

Also whatever happened to "these doors to remain unlocked during business hours" that I assume public buildings are supposed to abide by?
    Its a two way system. enter on one side exit on the other. the exit side is not affected by the entry side.

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    PNC near the airport (IND) recently installed one of these. Without a doubt the surrounding area is less than stellar and it's rare I even use that branch but I have walked through and set it off and they still let me in. There are no signs on the door other than them asking that you remove sunglasses, hoods, or hats before entering and I believe that sign is on every PNC branch.

The PNC bank at 79th and Michigan is the same way. I've taken my 1911 through that locking system a half dozen times without mention or incident. 2 other branches (speedway/crawfordsville rd and brownsburg/northfield dr) I have OC'd in frequently.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    IC 35-42-3-3
    Criminal confinement
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) confines another person without the other person's consent; or
    (2) removes another person, by fraud, enticement, force, or threat of force, from one (1) place to another;
    commits criminal confinement. Except as provided in subsection (b), the offense of criminal confinement is a Class D felony. at the very least the bank has commited a crime and somebody should be arrested for it

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    At Fifth Third the first entry door does not lock behind you. If they locked everyone that set the detector off in and called the police they would be there all day.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Interestingly, their sign is worded such that it probably does "deny entry" to anyone with a gun, and violating their policy could lead directly to a criminal trespass prosecution.

On the positive side, I open carry in my bank all the time - and everyone just greets me with smiles and "Hi, Guy!" and inquiries into how things are going at the range. I love bank.

Guy

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Interestingly, their sign is worded such that it probably does "deny entry" to anyone with a gun, and violating their policy could lead directly to a criminal trespass prosecution.

On the positive side, I open carry in my bank all the time - and everyone just greets me with smiles and "Hi, Guy!" and inquiries into how things are going at the range. I love bank.

Guy

I OC in my bank too. I ditched 5/3 a long time ago.

Top Bottom