• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw this in the Lafayette paper while reviewing news about the Purdue shooting/knifing.

This is typical of academia these days, especially the feminists

[h=3]Hate the idea of NRA convention in Indy[/h]Recently, I heard the announcement that the National Rifle Association will hold its convention in Indianapolis shortly before I heard of the Purdue University shooting.

The fact that mere taxpayers and citizens were not given the opportunity to have input on the idea of hosting 70,000 maniacs who belong in Texas, while owners of hotels and other bigwigs have known for years, according to USA Today, is nothing short of nauseating. When other cities — civilized cities, not Houston — have tried to host this festival of lunacy, public protests have resulted.

This is further reason to believe that Indiana no longer functions as a government entity in a free society. It is a corporate profit center, directed by petty despots in suits.

Laura Marland
    West Lafayette
    http://www.jconline.com/article/20140123/OPINION02/301230003/Letters-editor-Jan-23

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Indianapolis hosted 10,000 Maniacs last August at The Biergarten at the Rathskeller. Where was the outcry then? This event sounds 7 times better.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The fact that mere taxpayers and citizens were not given the opportunity to have input on the idea of hosting 70,000 maniacs who belong in Texas, while owners of hotels and other bigwigs have known for years, according to USA Today, is nothing short of nauseating. When other cities — civilized cities, not Houston — have tried to host this festival of lunacy, public protests have resulted.

Wow, the NRA got a great deal on the convention center! I never realized that the taxpayers and citizens are hosting the convention. Laura Marland seems to have some misconceptions to say the least. One could say the same thing about the Democratic National Convention. But hey, if you're paying the rent, then I guess its your party. :dunno:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I love this:

This is further reason to believe that Indiana no longer functions as a government entity in a free society.

In other words, "Because a group that _I_ don't believe should even exist is ALLOWED to hold a convention in our pure state, we clearly no longer live in a free state."

But the fact that this woman says:

70,000 maniacs

shows that she's 100% deceived by the picture painted by the media that gun owners are EVIL and Wayne LaPierre is Satan in person.

I can only hope that this will cause her to pack up and move to a "friendlier" state like NY or CA.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Where is the acceptance, the tolerance? What is "progressive" about liberally stereotyping NRA supporters as maniacs that belong in TX? What's wrong with TX for that matter? Meh, a pox on all their houses.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Gun owners are generally not maniacs, but this woman needs a psych eval.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hate the idea of NRA convention in Indy

Recently, I heard the announcement that the National Rifle Association will hold its convention in Indianapolis shortly before I heard of the Purdue University shooting.

This is further reason to believe that Indiana no longer functions as a government entity in a free society. It is a corporate profit center, directed by petty despots in suits.

Laura Marland
    West Lafayette

Yes, a dozen people protesting, yet over 70k attending. Hmmmmmm. Notice a disparity.
    And civilized?????

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Pure lunacy! I'm also offended after living in Houston for 12 years and enjoying it :rolleyes:
    At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion. They can crow all they want as long as they don't infringe on the 2A.

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    A few years back my wife and I stumbled on to what she thought was a craft show in downtown Indy........until 4 men pranced up to us wearing just their underwear and glitter. I am sure that this lady would approve! My wife couldn't drag me away from there fast enough. I couldn't stop laughing.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Could he be more condescending?

Uninformed, arrogant, and ignorant is no way to go through life.

BTW- The author of this rant (Tulley) said that the NRA didn't announce the convention until the last minute? I went to the convention in St. Louis 2 years ago in April.
    They were advertising then that the next year (2013) would be in Houston, and 2 years away (2014) would be in Indianapolis.
    I would have thought 2 years advanced notice would be sufficient.

Also, I was at the convention in St. Louis for 3 full days, staying in a nearby hotel.
    I did not see the first protestor, anywhere, let alone throngs of them.

Oh yeah, no mass-murders either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom