Has anyone had to use their HD gun or EDC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Wow, this is really an incredible tale. You caught the hammer? Really?

For future reference, you might consider that jamming a 1911 into a body can push the slide back far enough to make it inop. It doesn't take much. It also tells the other guy where the gun is so it can be taken away from you.
    Yes, really. I was 22 and worried at the time, i had all my senses hightened, my mind was moving a mile a minute, and was lucky as hell. I would handle the situation totally different today, this was almost 18 years ago. By the way me ex wife's son is 2 months older than i am.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    People SAY that "its too private, nobody will talk about it on the internet, thats why you never hear about it".

My experiance has been the opposite, and people expose anything and everything on the internet.

Did you see me on Chat Roulette or something? ;)

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Yes.
    I don't like to talk about it in real life, but I don't mind talking about it on the internet as much.
    After it first happened I used this forum as kind of therapy because I didn't want talk about it to friends and family.
    Here is my tale.

More than happy to answer questions.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Yes.
    I don't like to talk about it in real life, but I don't mind talking about it on the internet as much.
    After it first happened I used this forum as kind of therapy because I didn't want talk about it to friends and family.
    Here is my tale.

That is an amazing first-hand account, thanks and rep for sharing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes.
    Here is my tale.

Thanks for sharing that mcshaker. I wasn't a member here back then, so your story is new to me. Hopefully, you've recovered from all that stress and fallout and are doing well.

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    @GodFearinGunTotin

Thanks.

Everything is back to as normal as could be. I still get a shot of adrenaline everytime I think about it. Just posting that link had me almost shaking for an hour.

Only thing I would probably do differently today is that even though things went well for me, I would call for the 5th amendment and lawyer up. I probably got lucky that the police/prosecutor didn't want to cause me trouble.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Had to draw once, luckily never fired.

I was driving through a questionable area of downtown when I was sitting at a red light with my windows down. Scruffy, bum-looking fella walks up to my truck and asks for a ride to the next bus station because he missed his bus. I told him no and he needed to back off and he was very persistent. I had already locked the door, but now I went to roll up the window and he reached inside the door to open it from the inside. He met the barrel of my G22 and changed his mind rather quickly. He ran off and I was so jacked up from adrenaline that, without thinking, I punched it and burned rubber straight through the red light.

Glad nobody was hurt, but Im also very glad I got my point across.

I was 19, had LTCH.
    The Glock 22 was a birthday present that I managed to talk my then anti-gun mom (due to my dilligence she now has LTCH and carries herself) into buying me for my 18th birthday. I still to this day joke with her and tell her she may have saved my life by deciding to buy me that gun.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Wow, this is really an incredible tale. You caught the hammer? Really?

For future reference, you might consider that jamming a 1911 into a body can push the slide back far enough to make it inop. It doesn't take much. It also tells the other guy where the gun is so it can be taken away from you.

Not so.

Top Bottom