• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting. I like the pain and misery of doing it by hand. My son has a nice scar over his right eyebrow from a flying spring and plug. It is a man thing of course.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    I completely understand your problem. And as a way to end this problem for you, I am willing to accept those 5 or 6 1911s into my collection. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make for you.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I completely understand your problem. And as a way to end this problem for you, I am willing to accept those 5 or 6 1911s into my collection. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make for you.

Gee, if only you'd made that generous offer before I found this helpful little tool.
    If only... :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That's because "craptastic" IS a word. :D

Anyhow...this most excellent tool is totally worth your time if you have reverse-taper barrels. The pressure of those concentric springs is somewhere in the neighborhood of 22 pounds. Compressing them with oily fingers outside the gun can be...interesting.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Dang it, I just did battle the other day changing out the outer spring on my Ultra. The little tool would've made it a lot easier. Looks like I got me another expenditure to make. :D

sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    In 5 or 6 of my 1911s the springs are super hard to compress with my not-so-strong fingers. I got one of these today, and holy moly what a world of difference no matter which one...
    Click for a time saving piece of genius! - Annie's Stuff: Spring Compressor

In my best condescending voice:

You need to stick to revolvers little lady them 1911's are just to complicated for women!
    :stickpoke:

Sorry I couldn't resist!:D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Looks like there are a lot of interesting nooks and crannies in Annie's "Organized Chaos"
    Thanks! :)

Dang it, I just did battle the other day changing out the outer spring on my Ultra. The little tool would've made it a lot easier. Looks like I got me another expenditure to make. :D
    If you have to again before you get one, PM me and I'll bring it up to the shop! :)

In my best condescending voice:

You need to stick to revolvers little lady them 1911's are just to complicated for women!
    :stickpoke:

Sorry I couldn't resist!:D
    /smack

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    OOOOHHH!!!! You are my hero!!!!! Saving my fingers (and foreheads of those nearby when the spring goes shooting through the room and I go "ooops")

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the info! I have always done it by hand but his tool will cut down on the number of parts I have flying around my work room :D

Top Bottom