• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Hair of the dog. As horrible as it sounds, if I am THAT hungover and I dont have anything to do ill have a beer first thingwhen I get up and usually it helps greatly. Of course, now that im married, and a father, this never really matters, but I had my heyday

Also I used to take 2 ibuprofen and drink as much water as possible until I was literally so full I couldnt drink anymore and it hurt my stomach slightly. That trick right there never ended with me waking up with a hangover.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Lots of tricks to try next time around. Today's regimen was water, Gatorade, Aleve, greasy breakfast, bloody Mary, vitamins, then back to sleep. Fixed me right up.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When I was a drinker, my hangover prevention cocktail was 2 Excedrin 1 "Super B Complex" vitamin, and a minimum of 20oz of water right before bed. You'll wake up like you didn't even drink.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    When I was a drinker, my hangover prevention cocktail was 2 Excedrin 1 "Super B Complex" vitamin, and a minimum of 20oz of water right before bed. You'll wake up like you didn't even drink.

Yeah, an ounce of prevention....

I'm generally not a drinker, but was celebrating leaving my job officially and going into business for myself. I probably drank a few too many different things, on top of too much all around.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Its going to sound gross, but after going from an amateur to professional drinker during college I have devised my hangover cure.

A double quarter pounder with cheese and a coke.

It may sound terrible but it works.

You're welcome.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Brisk ice tea helps. If that happens to me I do not like to use pain relievers. I've heard in the past that mixing pain pills with alcohol is the reason hard core alchies have liver problems. They drink then wake up to pain relievers which causes liver problems. Not sure if it is true but seems likely. Many pain relievers do advise not to take with alcohol and I've heard that is the reason why. Ask your doctor of pharmacist.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What works for me for all but extreme cases is to drink a bottle of water (or more), take three Tums and three ibuprofen before going to sleep. The water helps to avoid dehydration, Tums helps counter the crap in your gut and the ibuprofen starts working on the headache. You may need to do another rounds when you wake up to keep things on an even keel, but this has worked for me for years. Most times, I wake up feeling almost normal. It will do very little to fix a night at Charlie Mikes in Fayetteville though.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Brisk ice tea helps. If that happens to me I do not like to use pain relievers. I've heard in the past that mixing pain pills with alcohol is the reason hard core alchies have liver problems. They drink then wake up to pain relievers which causes liver problems. Not sure if it is true but seems likely. Many pain relievers do advise not to take with alcohol and I've heard that is the reason why. Ask your doctor of pharmacist.
    I think it's acetaminophen you're supposed to avoid for risk of liver damage. NSAIDs carry an increased risk of GI bleeds when mixed with alcohol as well.

larrylegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Hancock County
    One thing that intensifies a hangover for me is when I wake up and don't drink any caffeinated beverages. I normally do, but if I wake up with a hangover and don't, then I have a caffeine headache on top of a hangover. Pedialyte is great, so are IVs, and vitamins. You are correct with the no tylenol and alcohol mixing, not good for you over the long haul.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    -Vitaminwater
    -Tums
    -Ibuproffen
    -5 hour energy
    -as much water as you can stand to drink for the rest of the day (and day before if you know your going out)

Or the ol hair of the dog trick works really well too :D Add in rancheros huevos for good measure.

Top Bottom