• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dg101win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    North Central In.
    Yeah I have a few glocks g17 and g19. Wondering what else everybody enjoyed shooting.

I am basically a revolver guy. This year I spent most of the time with the revolvers. S&W 38's,Ruger Blackhawks in 44spec,44mag,45colt/acp. There was also a bit of time with the Springfield 1911,Kimber 22 auto and Ruger Single Six.

For under $1000 you could get a decent used S&W,Ruger or 2 and quite a bit of ammo.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    NOW HERE IS A GUN !
    Why do all you otheir people discriminate against the SIG'S

high bore axis and a looooooooooonnnnnnnngggggg DA trigger maybe?

Sigs are nice, but not everyone's cup o' tea.

I've got a love/hate relationship with them. Great build quality, great feel, but that first shot DA - UGH. Takes a good amount of practice and skill to be able to consistently, quickly and accurately shoot that long DA pull and instantly transition to the SA for the follow up. That's one of the reasons you don't see them in competition much.
    It's just significantly easier for most people (not all) to shoot the consistent, lighter, shorter trigger on Glocks/M&Ps/XDs/CZs/1911s et al.

All that said, I really miss my P226!

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    All this talk about handguns and not one mention of HK. tsk, tsk. :rolleyes:

While I don't have any of the P30 models some other INGO members have them and really love them. I've stuck with the USP version, except for a P2000sk, which is a sub-compact.

Which ever HK model you look at, try one with the LEM trigger.

policeguns.com is a good place to deal with I've found. Here's a link for doing some window shopping: https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31_254&osCsid=vqgdh5n3rbs0vpvv83vfduc8e1

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    You should be able to get your hands on a good used Colt Python for under $1000. If you are looking for a semi auto and don't like 1911's then go for CZ. (Can you tell I am partial to steel guns?)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    All this talk about handguns and not one mention of HK. tsk, tsk. :rolleyes:

While I don't have any of the P30 models some other INGO members have them and really love them. I've stuck with the USP version, except for a P2000sk, which is a sub-compact.

Which ever HK model you look at, try one with the LEM trigger.

policeguns.com is a good place to deal with I've found. Here's a link for doing some window shopping: https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31_254&osCsid=vqgdh5n3rbs0vpvv83vfduc8e1
    Look harder ;)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Quality handguns under a grand. That's a HUGE list right there. Browning, FN, HK, Springfield Armory, Colt, Beretta, CZ, Glock, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, and many others make good pistols for under a grand retail.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    What is a good quality handgun (besides glock) for under 1g?

Dude all my handguns are good quality and they are all well under $1k. "A good quality handgun" is so subjective. I love my Smith M&P and it cost me well under $600 for example. Hope this helps.

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    My latest purchase was a Springfield Armory Loaded Ultra Compact. It is a 3.5 inch 1911 style with night sights and all stainless.

It is under $800 at Buds. Love It!!!

Top Bottom