• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I notice that the I-Dot Pro for the M&P has a square rear. The only one I could find with the rounded rear was for the Shield.

Not sure why, but I like the looks of the rounded better.

Either way I am planning to order a set for my full sized M&P. Checking pricing now, but most that have them in stock are floating at the $99 range.

Now I need to decide if I will put the XS big dots on my compact or put the TFO 3 dots on there so I have a rear sight in low light.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I notice that the I-Dot Pro for the M&P has a square rear. The only one I could find with the rounded rear was for the Shield.

Not sure why, but I like the looks of the rounded better.

Either way I am planning to order a set for my full sized M&P. Checking pricing now, but most that have them in stock are floating at the $99 range.

Now I need to decide if I will put the XS big dots on my compact or put the TFO 3 dots on there so I have a rear sight in low light.

It's more than just looks, The U notch is faster (for me at least). The curvature gives your brain more data to process "center". I have the U notch on my FS M&P.

406237202.jpg

Back in a sec with a link...

https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/si...wesson/night-sights/complete-sets#product1302

SW-501 is what I have.
    SW-601 is the same but with a green outline instead of orange.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well my inherent laziness paid off again. I didn't place an order yesterday, which would have been for the square notch sights.

Now I have a cart loaded up with SW-501.

Thanks for the additional info. I saw your pic before but assumed it was old sights or for the Shield. Not enough due diligence on my part.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Necro-Update

Just got the Ameriglo SW-501 sights in today. Would love to install them tonight but reality set in and that won't happen. Hoping for this weekend, then I can go out and try them at close ranges.

I painted orange dots and black rears on my blue gun (that's too many color combos in a sentence) a while back for sight acquisition and liked what I saw.

Hope this was all for a good cause.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Necro-Update

Just got the Ameriglo SW-501 sights in today. Would love to install them tonight but reality set in and that won't happen. Hoping for this weekend, then I can

Where did you end up getting them?
    I'd love to find a source for the orange Trijicon HD front sight only.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ordered them from optics planet because I thought they were in stock. Turns out they weren't. Kept trying to find someone who had them in stock but no luck.

The rear dot doesn't pop out at me, at least off the gun. I still wanted it as a crutch.

They show stock now for a lot of different models.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is my experience as well. I never even notice the rear dot is there when shooting unless it's dark enough to need it.

So if you were to do it over again, would you choose to have that rear dot or no?

I love mine, without the dot, but haven't yet tried it in the dark.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well I installed them this evening. They pop right up for me. Can't wait until tomorrow morning when I can shoot a couple mags and see what happens.

The rear dot seems to show up a little more than I would like. Might try the sharpie trick on it and see if that helps.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So if you were to do it over again, would you choose to have that rear dot or no?

I love mine, without the dot, but haven't yet tried it in the dark.
    I would buy them again. Having used them a few times in low-light conditions, I did use the rear dot. While I'm confident enough with my NPOA to get hits, I 'd rather have it available than not.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I was feeling the same about the money I spent on these. Then I just installed them with brass and knurled the crap out of the front sight. Ouch.

It is a work gun, not a safe queen so that helps a bit, but the steel wasn't what I thought it would be. Now I need to grind down the edges.

Sure does acquire faster for these old eyes though. Still happy I did it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Bumping this up because I bought a Glock 17 Saturday. I like my Ameriglo Hacks on my Glock 26, but I am really thinking of buying the I Dot Pros for my G17.

I'm just not sure...

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Bumping this up because I bought a Glock 17 Saturday. I like my Ameriglo Hacks on my Glock 26, but I am really thinking of buying the I Dot Pros for my G17.

I'm just not sure...

Find someone close to you that has them on. All you need is to see the sight picture in my opinion.

I am located near nobody so I just took the chance and am very happy.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Find someone close to you that has them on. All you need is to see the sight picture in my opinion.

I am located near nobody so I just took the chance and am very happy.

I'm going to wait toward the end of the week, and just order the I Dot Pros from Ameriglo. I flipped a coin :D

Top Bottom