• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    You didn't even need a license on your own damn property, I would have told them to pound sand, they can arrest me or get lost.

You do not even have to have your LTCH on you when you are out in public anymore, the officers were ****ing idiots.

I would file a complaint.

This...

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I considered standing my ground and letting it be impounded but didnt think I could raise the funds for a lawyer to make the hassle worth it.

I'm sure there's enough members on this board whom would make a contribution for expenses...

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    § 35-41-3-2:*Use of force to protect person or property
    Indiana Statutes:*
    *Title 35. CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE
    Article 41.*SUBSTANTIVE CRIMINAL PROVISIONS

Chapter 3.*DEFENSES RELATING TO CULPABILITY

(a)*In enacting this section, the general assembly finds and declares that it is the policy of this state to recognize the unique character of a citizen's home and to ensure that a citizen feels secure in his or her own home against unlawful intrusion by another individual or a public servant. By reaffirming the long standing right of a citizen to protect his or her home against unlawful intrusion, however, the general assembly does not intend to diminish in any way the other robust self defense rights that citizens of this state have always enjoyed. Accordingly, the general assembly also finds and declares that it is the policy of this state that people have a right to defend themselves and third parties from physical harm and crime. The purpose of this section is to provide the citizens of this state with a lawful means of carrying out this policy.
    (b)*As used in this section, "public servant" means a person described in IC 35-41-1-17, IC 35-31.5-2-129, or IC 35-31.5-2-185.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Stopped at my Aunt's house, 2 doors down(actually in street near curb), and had a wannabe gang member approach me and ask if "I was 5-0?" His crotch of pants at knees level, hat turned sideways w/ price tag affixed, oversized hockey jersey(middle of summer), tats, multiple gold chains, and a limp in his stride.
    My response was "nope", and then placed my cap on my head, straight, and he remarks" sorry cuz, short hair and all"). He read the cap's logo and did his stride.

Logo: 5th Special Forces, Vietnam 1965-1975, my 1911A in a Blackhawk Holster, on my hip. O/C with spare mag pouch.

My retired PD creds were in my wallet, thought about calling HPD and making a ruckus, but said to myself, no foul, no yards. He(WGB) must be the block Captain of the Watch program. Where's the HPD when you need them?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Stopped at my Aunt's house, 2 doors down(actually in street near curb), and had a wannabe gang member approach me and ask if "I was 5-0?" His crotch of pants at knees level, hat turned sideways w/ price tag affixed, oversized hockey jersey(middle of summer), tats, multiple gold chains, and a limp in his stride.
    My response was "nope", and then placed my cap on my head, straight, and he remarks" sorry cuz, short hair and all"). He read the cap's logo and did his stride.

Logo: 5th Special Forces, Vietnam 1965-1975, my 1911A in a Blackhawk Holster, on my hip. O/C with spare mag pouch.

My retired PD creds were in my wallet, thought about calling HPD and making a ruckus, but said to myself, no foul, no yards. He(WGB) must be the block Captain of the Watch program. Where's the HPD when you need them?

I guess you need to grow your hair out so you're not impersonating "The Man", - man.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Exchanged some emails with Guy. He is going to write a letter to the police chief detailing the illegality of the officers actions. He's had good luck doing that before for open carriers and getting apologies and/or changes to policies. I also see it as a shot across their bow so they can get their act together before winter is over and I OC much more often. Next time if I can't prevent the interaction by just walking in the house and not answering the door, they can impound my firearm and then deal with Guy over that. And I will not back down this time on not handing over my ID since I was correct on that. I'll do my best to also clearly state You do not have my consent .... as often as necessary.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    On a humorous note, a friend told me I have a swagger like a police officer. I was like WHAAAATTT!??!? It's not like I was wearing cargo shorts at the time either.

Thinking about it now, I'm wondering it my martial arts training and sports and most important my late grandmother who would crank my shoulders back and say STOP SLOUCHING would account for that. ha

Top Bottom