• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    According to Guy there is only one CoA and it is Indy.

Yes, the Court of Appeals is in Indianapolis but is composed of several three judge panels.

Sometimes the Court of Appeals has oral arguments "off-site",e.g. at colleges and universities.

For more information on the Indiana Court of Appeals:

courts.IN.gov: Court of Appeals of Indiana

courts.IN.gov: Judges of the Court of Appeals

For those wishing to learn more about the official proceedings in the litigation involving the City of Hammond the cause number is 45 A 03 - 1206 - PL - 00287

http://hats.courts.state.in.us/ISC3RUS/ISC2menu.jsp

I would anticipate a decision in April/May-ish

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    UPDATE

Indiana Appeals Court sides with lower court which sided with Hammond.
    Looks like the Mayor of Hammond's corruption runs deep into the state!
    I am impressed.

Guy is going to have to take the case to the IN supreme court.
    Link to follos soon on moblie right now.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    UPDATE

Indiana Appeals Court sides with lower court which sided with Hammond.
    Looks like the Mayor of Hammond's corruption runs deep into the state!
    I am impressed.

Guy is going to have to take the case to the IN supreme court.
    Link to follos soon on moblie right now.

WOW :noway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    “I'm proud of the way we reacted,” McDermott said. “Basically the (National Rifle Association) through Guy Relford is trying to bully the city of Hammond, and I won't stand for it. Make no mistake about it. The NRA is lock, stock and barrel behind this lawsuit.”
    If the NRA was as powerful as all these Libs claim it is, we would have nothing to worry about. The NRA is now the bogeyman, the one to blame in any pro gun lawsuit, even ones they aren't remotely involved in..

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    They have admitted that it is an invalid law. They (I think...) just want to keep it on the books so that in a future administration change or just waiting until the storm blows over they can still claim to regulate this area, even though the State says it is illegal. This is nothing more than McDermott trying to maintain his illegal ordinance in SPITE of what the State says they have to do.

There is very little to stand on other than, they jus don't wanna...

Looking forward to seeing what the Judge comes up with in the ruling. Will advise as soon as something becomes known.

Basically he's spitting in the State's eye. And using taxpayer $$ to do it. So, basically spitting in their eye too.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    This shouldn't have any effect on the Evansville case.

I hope that's true. I know TF said that if Guy won the Hammond case that the Evansville case would be victory be default. I thought the Hammond case might have carried more weight but maybe not...

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I hope that's true. I know TF said that if Guy won the Hammond case that the Evansville case would be victory be default. I thought the Hammond case might have carried more weight but maybe not...

All it is if guy wins Hammond, TF is automatic wins...if guy loses Hammond, TF still has a very good chance at winning, guy will just have to apply a little effort.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Guys, no sweat on my case. We just didn't get an auto win but there is still a trial on the enforcement of my case which may in turn help Bill B's chance in the INSC since there will be documented evidence of enforcement due to an ordinance left on the books.

I see what the ICA did here and the quick ruling makes me think they didn't look into it very hard. Get some meat behind a case (threat of enforcement-injured parties) and they will see the light.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    what if the INSC rules in favor of hammond?

--pruple--
    Then we know hammond's mayor has some serious clout to be able to buy even the INSC.
    --end purple--

what gunbunnies said makes sence.
    If an oridnance/law is still on the books yet there is a higher level law that invalidates that lower one then by this ruling we can ignore the lower level one.

So since 2A is higher and we have our own Indiana 2A in our state consitution that means no ltch, no sbs, no school zone, no etc... since all of those are lower level laws and this case sets precident. Right. :p

Yes Iknow fat chance but that is how it can be played.

Top Bottom