• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

I believe him. This is what he wants. He’s been trying to justify a full-scale invasion of the occupied territories his entire political career, and now he has every legitimate justification to do exactly that.

The problem is that he can bulldoze Gaza into the sea, and the next day Iran will have thousands of fresh hamasses setting up camp on top of the rubble.

The Israelis are well trained and equipped, but sorely outnumbered. To keep a war going for an extended period of time they are going to need international help.

Unless the Israelis have a plan (and the international support) to carry the fight all the way back to Tehran, turning Gaza and the West Bank into vacant lots is a necessary, but woefully temporary solution.

Conflicts have a way of echoing on for centuries there.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I am an American citizen. I travel to Israel on an American passport. As much as I view Israel as the second home of my youth, I can’t claim it as my authentic homeland.

I have tons of aunts and uncles (and cousins…so many cousins) from both sides of the family around Tel Aviv, but my only immediate family member there anymore is my sister. She and her husband both served in the IDF, they are both doctors, and they are surrounded by a vast and capable support network of close family and friends…As much as I want to be with them right now, I honestly don’t know what more I could do but be an extra set of hands in a fight and, as much as my ego would like to claim otherwise, I’m likely to be the least capable fighter in attendance…hell, even my sister could probably kick my ass in a fight at this point.

There are members of my congregation that have homes, farms, and businesses in Israel, and I would feel awful if I took a seat on an airplane away from someone trying to get back to their kids, their home, or their business.

Perhaps you would be on a plane by now, but it’s probably better than I’m not. Others have a greater need for those seats than me today.
    I get it, again Good Luck to your family in Israel.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The half billion plus USAID has spent in Palestine since 2021 probably helped fund the attack.

Along with at least 17 US based NGO's(all anti Israel).

Of course, then we have the Democrat party itself.

Anyone shocked at the outcome?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I believe him. This is what he wants. He’s been trying to justify a full-scale invasion of the occupied territories his entire political career, and now he has every legitimate justification to do exactly that.
    It's comments like this that I don't get.

If Netanyahu really wanted an excuse to launch an invasion, seems like there's been plenty of those before now.

Yes, I'll get it out of the way and admit that I see a lot of wrongdoing on the part of Israel, as a nation, and it irks me a bit how many of my conservative friends seem to be willfully blind to it. But I don't see how it's appropriate to start griping about those sins in the context of a terror attack that just massacred hundreds of Israeli civilians, and is likely just getting started. Nothing Israel has done comes anywhere close to reciprocating the attacks they endure, and your implication that TPTB in Israel are secretly delighted by all this just seems totally unfounded in reality.

It really feels like you're trying to reach into Netanyahu's mind and ascribe ill intentions for a justified, moral act. Heck, I'm pretty sure he'd be justified in taking an even more hardline, aggressive approach than he has up to this point. Where are you getting the idea that he's been walking around looking for excuses to launch more invasions/wars? He's running a country that is literally surrounded by hostile neighbors that aid and abet massive terrorist groups that work with the explicit goal of wiping Israel off the map and massacring every single living Jew within. It seems pretty ridiculous to paint him as a warmonger just because he's not been very flattering in his attitude towards these groups, and wants his country and his people to, you know, continue to exist.
    The problem is that he can bulldoze Gaza into the sea, and the next day Iran will have thousands of fresh hamasses setting up camp on top of the rubble.

The Israelis are well trained and equipped, but sorely outnumbered. To keep a war going for an extended period of time they are going to need international help.

Unless the Israelis have a plan (and the international support) to carry the fight all the way back to Tehran, turning Gaza and the West Bank into vacant lots is a necessary, but woefully temporary solution.

Conflicts have a way of echoing on for centuries there.
    Okay, the rest of this I can understand, even agree with.

The folks in this thread saying to burn everything to ash are either being naïve, if they think that Israel has the capability to root out and kill every last terrorist and every last government that wishes to see their entire country annihilated, or downright ignorant and hateful, for those making stupid comments like that Israel should kill all Palestinians.

But if anyone is going to find anything remotely resembling a long-term solution, they cannot start with the idea that Israel is somehow the same or "just as bad" as her hostile neighbors. Because that isn't true; not even remotely close to being true.

Yes, Israel shares some of the sins of her enemies, like being a dysfunctional theocracy with a record of mistreating religious and ethnic minorities. But one side of the conflict is motivated by an ideology that has as one of its core tenets that they need to aggressively attack, murder, and completely annihilated every living, breathing Jew, and wipe their country off the map. The other side has as its core tenet that they have the right to live, breathe, and exist, as a people. Or at least live, breath, and exist within the bounds of their one country. These two sides are not the same.

Top Bottom