• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    No, couldn't have been. The government and weather radars cannot be allowed to control everything! I'm sure there are a great deal of people out there and they will report in when they get back.

We didn't have Doppler radar to prevent us from getting trapped in storms.

"The government" has kids... you think "they" want to be out in this mess? Screw the kids. The adults wanna be warm & dry! :laugh:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I only had 3 groups with a total of about 10 - 12 kids. I expect more out tomorrow. We usually have about 60 or so kids show up in past Halloween days down here in Evansville.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No, couldn't have been. The government and weather radars cannot be allowed to control everything! I'm sure there are a great deal of people out there and they will report in when they get back.

We didn't have Doppler radar to prevent us from getting trapped in storms.
    I don't have a problem with people deciding not to get out and weather the weather. But do we really need government telling us when to go trick or treating? That doesn't raise your eyebrows? Are we so stupid and dependent that we can no longer decide, "Well, it's late enough, I'm not giving any candy out to anybody from this point on." Do you really need Ballard telling you when to shut your door and turn off your lights? Good God, no wonder.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Zombie flower girl (Kirk's niece) wants your candy . . . and your brrraaaaiiinnnns.:D

543870_690500624295416_1110904051_n.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Trick or treat hours here from 5:30-7:30p Central- no rain during that span. A good time was had by all.

We had 58 trick or treaters. We usually average about 25-30.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Our church had a "shin dig" of sorts last night.

I think there were probably 2-3x more folks in attendance since all the other stuff had been postponed. It was crazy busy. Like "get me out of here right now" crazy. Hour waits for the "bounce house" type inflatable things. YOU stand in line with a 2.5 year old...

AAAANNNNndd... They ran out of food. There just didn't seem to be time between the decisions of postponment and the food providers to have come up with more/extra. That was a bummer for a lot of people.

But - it was relatively dry in Greenwood until just after we arrived home. Then it rained something fierce. Storm sirens went off - interrupted my video game. But at least the power didn't even flicker!

-J-

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Well how did that work. "Hey I see you like the same ride as me-wanna date?"

The actual line was," excuse me, is this the end of the line to the Haunted House?" Now I'd been using that line in bars for years to quizzical looks, but not until I hit Orlando did it actually work. Her response "yes, wanna get married and have 2 beautiful girls?" I said"sure, but aren't you much too young for me?" Her sister wanted to flee, but L could smell my pheromones. 34 yrs later 2 grown girls and a beautiful wife who thinks I need to grow up.......

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The Marion cty postponement doesn't make you do anything, but gives kids license to T or T Fri nite w/o folks thinking they're excessive l'il beggars. At least that's my take. (The excessive l'il beggars, or budding entrepreneurs do both nights).

Top Bottom