• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Yet another example of how far off track our republic has gone.

panem et circenses

panem et circenses

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    It just shows where the American society is going. Pro athletes and celebrities get more respect than our friends fighting a "war" oversees.

After seeing and hearing some of the thing Christie has done, unfortunately it does not surprise me one bit.

army bratt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    north side evansville
    so i guess if i can sing, wear a pretty dress, put on make up, merry a dumbass, become an alcoholic, smoke crack, shoot smack, eat a bunch of pills, squirt out a couple drug dependant kids, make a few million, get divorced, smoke some more, sing a little more, take a bath stoned out of my mind and take the big sleep then i guess maybe mitch will fly the flags at half mass... howbout we reserve this for our FALLEN HEROS only, ok?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If they do it for singers last thing you know they will do it also for US presidents who died in office or police officers killed in the line of duty, that would be ridiculous.

american-flag.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The President or any state's governor can provide this privilege to whomever they desire. However, there must be a standard and without one, the honor becomes tainted and insignificant. I have no issue with Ms. Houston being honored by her state, but well-intentioned as it may have been, I would not have flown the U.S. flag at half-mast.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    The President or any state's governor can provide this privilege to whomever they desire. However, there must be a standard and without one, the honor becomes tainted and insignificant. I have no issue with Ms. Houston being honored by her state, but well-intentioned as it may have been, I would not have flown the U.S. flag at half-mast.

+1^ Very well said. She had a magical voice and hit notes seemingly with little effort. I did enjoy listening to her sing and her rendition of our national anthem at the superbowl (several years ago) was, for me, quite moving. Having said that, in my mind, I view the half mast honor as that given to a person who has demonstrated the greatest service for or utmost sacrifice to our country. Being entertained does not satisfy my personal criteria for this honor.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Three weeks ago she was a drunken, drug abusing washed up has been singer. Now she's a national treasure. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. :dunno:

Top Bottom