• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chris Christies a pompous douchebag. I find it humorous that the GOP establishment can't help but fall all over themselves to slob his.. well you know...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is an example of confusion.

The appropriate emotion for Whitney Houston's death is sadness.

You lower the flag as an honor. Whitney Houston had talent and an advantaged start in life. She did much less with her great life advantages than she should have.

If people are sad for her, that's fine, I'm sad for her too, mainly for her kids, in an abstract way since I didn't know her.

It's inappropriate to honor her.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Was anyone upset that NJ lowered flags to half-staff for Clarence Clemmons (Sax player for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band)? Did it even make news?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'd rather honor her than honor most of the members of the U.S. Congress.

I get that there are standards, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that they make much sense.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It would have been hard for me to resist raising any flag in a public place that I walked by. (Note to self, you must resist temptation, you must resist temptation)

I feel sad for the singer and I sympathize with the grief of the family, but it was inappropriate to use the national flag

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Three weeks ago she was a drunken, drug abusing washed up has been singer. Now she's a national treasure. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. :dunno:

Giving her too much credit. It was just 10 days ago. If you want to celebrate her, listen to her music and enjoy it. Also get her daughter into rehab and break the cycle.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Simple answer: no
    Complex answer: hell no
    +1

And I'll even try to expand on that..
    planetzw.png

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Several years ago, a local firefighter in Southern Indiana passed away. The local community asked that the Post Office lower their flag. They didn't have authority and refused. The mayor calls his Congressman and it gets passed to me. I have our intern call the post office. Local firefighters are not on the list of those for whom flags at federal facilities are lowered...BUT...there is a provision that says that permission may be granted by the Postmaster for the funerals of local dignitaries on a case-by-case basis. So, we got the flag lowered for the hometown folks. The lesson is that standards for such courtesies are often malleable. Do I think that the firefighter deserved the honor more than Whitney Houston, sure, no question...BUT...the governor and the hometown folks thought it important enough to do this coutesy for her family, friends and admirers. Nothing to get upset about.

Top Bottom