• ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    why not call the police?

Almost everywhere has a leash law. The animal is not contained in his fence and is not on a leash, it is a violation and the fine is $100 if I recall. That will motivate most owners. I see no reason to punish the dog for doing what it does not know is wrong. I would instead punish the owner legally.

Terry

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    I got up this morning and looked out the front window, and there was a stupid dog in my front yard, taking a dump. :xmad:
    I grabbed my pistol, ran out and unloaded on him! I'm sure I hit him several times. It was about 20 degrees outside, and he took off yelping.

That stupid mutt is lucky that my pistol doesn't hold more water. I'm going to town to buy a SUPER-SOAKER for next time!

:D
    Just curious, do you live in Indiana or Kansas? This same post was made on DefensiveCarry.com I had to shoot a dog today! - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Yep, most dogs that dump in my yard are extended on a leash held by some inconsiderate ***hole. I see people walking their dogs everyday, and most don't seem to be carrying anything to pickup after their pet. If I was able to catch it in action, you bet I'd be out there to confront them. :xmad:

J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    I might walk over and knock on the neighbors door... bag of poop in hand. When he answers, tell him his dog forgot something at my house - then upend the bag on his porch.

Getting older means it's almost expected that one is cantankerous.

Yep, been there, DONE THAT!!!!! :xmad:

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Yep, most dogs that dump in my yard are extended on a leash held by some inconsiderate ***hole. I see people walking their dogs everyday, and most don't seem to be carrying anything to pickup after their pet. If I was able to catch it in action, you bet I'd be out there to confront them. :xmad:

Curious, any legal ramifications if you supersoak the owner, as well as the dog? I don't see why there would be, but just making sure.

Because that would be funny, and a good lesson to the owner.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    O.K. I admit it. I fell for it too at first. On a related note, I once knew a guy that would hide mouse traps in his kids sandbox during the night to ward off the cats!

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    paintball marker... Dogs don't come back, and the owners know the dog was somewhere somebody didnt want him...

Mike

I second that. I look at it like this. It is acceptable to shoot a dog with something that you would shoot a human with. Like a paintball marker. A pellet gun on the other hand is no good. If somenone shot my dog with a pellet gun or any other gun with enough power to seriously injure or hurt her, I would go spaz and probably be doing some jail time. Regardless, it's mostly the owners fault. Dogs really don't know any better. If it's a continuos problem, then you need to confront the owner. They are either lazy (don't want to pick up poop) or negligent (simply don't care).

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I live in one of those stupid editions and about once a week anyway, some inconsiderate ****er lets their dog dump in my yard. I'd like to take a big dump in their yard to see how they like it.:):

Find out where they live and send it back to them. If they call the police, tell them you were simply returning their property.

My next door neighbor was inconsiderate like that, so I scooped it up and put it back on his property whereever I felt like (mostly in walkways). One time, I threw a shovel-full back towards his driveway, and sure enough it landed on top of their gas grill. Being the lazy hillbillies they were, it sat there on top of his grill until mother nature washed it away (a couple months later).

Since then, they went into foreclosure and left. :)

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I would say

I am less cantankerous now that I am older. When I was younger and this was happening I filled the neighbor's mailbox half full of leaves. I then put a pile of his dog's fresh droppings from my lawn in the center of the leaves and then filled up the mailbox the rest of the way with more leaves. I sat on my porch smoking all morning just to watch him come out and angrily start pulling leaves out of his mailbox only to discover the surprise at the center.

The best part was seeing him try to get back inside his house with one hand covered in crumbled leaves and dog****.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Here is an idea,how about we do not shoot the dog but place a well aimed shot to the a$$ holding the leash. A dog is just being a dog,let the owner suffer for stupidity.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have had to shoot my cat many times with the water gun...OOOOOO he hates that! Keeps him off the tables etc.

Top Bottom