• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think you need to invest in some Magnum Tire Spikes for your road so that your children and wife will always have the bread winner at home.

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Did OP mean a Charles Bronson moment? Bronson played a vigilante. Clint Eastwood was a cop and a cowboy, but maybe a vigilante in one of his "old man" movies, not sure. I guess I just don't get the reference.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Felony intimidation. "I went in the house and grabbed my pistol.... " Epic fail. You are the EXACT type of person the Bob Costas' of the world feast upon in their attacks upon the second amendment.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Yes, your Honor, they were driving recklessly so I went and stood in the street."

With or without a gun, at what point does that make sense?

Now, let's put the shoe on the other foot. You are driving down the street and someone stands in the road with a weapon in their hand and tries to get you to stop your vehicle? What would you do?

A) Stop to see if this obviously reasonable and well adjusted individual needs directions to the nearest range.
    B) Run him over.
    C) Try to get around him, but if forced to stop and he angrily approaches your car window, engage the likely car jacker with deadly force?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    You did the right thing.... I'm sure there are a million members who are going to say that you broke the law and were in the wrong or whatever....

but...

....Clint Eastwood = God

...and apparently we should all try to be god-like.​

On a serious note... you may have just saved the life of one of your grandchildren or some other kid in the future.

Rock on... :rockwoot:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Never bet on the intelligence of the other guy!! If he is stupid enough to race through a residential area he could be dumb enough to call the cops and complain about "the crazy old man who pulled a gun on me while I was racing down the street." Tickets or jail for all!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did OP mean a Charles Bronson moment? Bronson played a vigilante. Clint Eastwood was a cop and a cowboy, but maybe a vigilante in one of his "old man" movies, not sure. I guess I just don't get the reference.
    getoffmylawn.jpg

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I will relate a story that happened to me a couple months ago. I was leaving a stop sign in a somewhat shady neighborhood, doing the speed limit(20mph) and some meth-head looking jackass starts yelling for me to slow down, making threatening gestures at me from the sidewalk. I just thought, OK idiot, and kept driving. The moral of this story is that i had my pistol on my side and had he been dumb enough to come to my window or try to stand in the road he may have seen the business end as i was doing nothing to warrant that type of response and may have taken it as a carjack or worse.

Keep in mind that others people have firearms also and call the police for this type of thing. After it has been documented multiple times then it may require an escalation but until then I personally wouldn't have done what you did OP.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    What if the OP was open carrying when he walked out in the street to confront the punks.

He doesn't touch or mention the gun during the conversation.

Any laws broken?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have small kids, and as pi++ed as i might have been, what you did was show them it is OK to solve your problems with a gun. You should sit them down, and explain what you did was wrong, if not what's to stop them from grabbing one of you guns, and handling their problems like dad/grand pa/uncle, whatever did. Not cool man, not cool at all. If we teach them this kind of behavior is OK, then we only have ourselves to blame when something goes horribly wrong. Just my .02

Wouldn't they have already been sitting down? I haven't seen many cars you can stand up in.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Op, is lucky he didn't get ran over. If someone is flagging me down in the middle of the road with a gun I am putting the pedal to the metal. Your honor I was in fear for my life. MWAG in the street was yelling and trying to get me to stop. I thought I was being car jacked.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Well first things first I know what I did was wrong! But it had to stop.
    I was washing my truck today and my grandchildren were playing in the front yard (5) when two vehicles drive by very fast I mean racing fast, this p***ed me off they drove around the neighbor hood squeeling tires all through the neighbor hood. I went into the house and grabbed my pistol and they decided to drive by again this time I met them in the middle of the road, they both had to slam on their brakes. At which time I let them know they were done, and it would be a good idea to not drive down my street again. Well that's the mild version of it. Wife went nuts said I will be lucky if I don't go to jail. Nothing happened except neighbor came out and said thanks, we have a lot of kids in this neighbor hood and at the time I thought it was justifiable. The question is this, what would you have done?
    Are you serious?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What would keep a noob from making up a crazy story just to kick the hornets nest.

Agreed, but in the interest of taking a dumb story and turning it into education:

"(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded."

Ind. Code § 35-47-4-3

"Oh, but I didn't point it, you say to officer friendly?"

"Well the guys in the cars say you did as do their passengers. It's your word against 4....hands behind back, please."

Top Bottom