• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Nice thing to wake up to. So I wonder, since they went to the trouble to list all guns that are exempt, does that mean that anything they missed would be banned automatically?

It causes much stress, though not likely to make it through IMO.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Todd Rokita, our resident RINO, will probably oppose it, but after his capitulation on the budget I would no longer trust him.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If we are going to have a ban, what we need is a ban on those domestic enemies our founders warned us about enforced with five-stranded hemp rope.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dana Perino on the Five made a comment this week that must be true. The Democrat polls must be showing something vastly different than the other polls out there the way they seem to be doubling down on more gun control. They do appear to believe this is a winning issue for them this time. They are stating clearly, loudly and proudly that they plan on passing all the new gun control that they can if they get in power.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dana Perino on the Five made a comment this week that must be true. The Democrat polls must be showing something vastly different than the other polls out there the way they seem to be doubling down on more gun control. They do appear to believe this is a winning issue for them this time. They are stating clearly, loudly and proudly that they plan on passing all the new gun control that they can if they get in power.

I stand by my previous post.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Nice thing to wake up to. So I wonder, since they went to the trouble to list all guns that are exempt, does that mean that anything they missed would be banned automatically?

I noticed that there are no Savage Rimfire Semi-Autos listed in the Exempt Category. Neither is the Ruger 10/22 Take-Down.

The Democratic Party seems determined to pass this bill. I wonder what awaits us on January 12th, during the State of the Union address?

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    When it comes to people I trust very little. One thing I do believe though is the passion of gun owners when it comes to their freedom. If there are 300 million guns in America, that represents a lot of potential votes. Those who would use "gun control" to excite their base, might just end up exciting the opposition. This could work out just fine.

And for those of you who think that not voting is the best plan, I suggest you remove your ass from around your ears and consider the actual value of your vote.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    When it comes to people I trust very little. One thing I do believe though is the passion of gun owners when it comes to their freedom. If there are 300 million guns in America, that represents a lot of potential votes. Those who would use "gun control" to excite their base, might just end up exciting the opposition. This could work out just fine.

And for those of you who think that not voting is the best plan, I suggest you remove your ass from around your ears and consider the actual value of your vote.

The muslim, "liberal" "D", from In., is on this bill .....

So you "D" out there, KEEP VOTING !!!!!!!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If we are going to have a ban, what we need is a ban on those domestic enemies our founders warned us about enforced with five-stranded hemp rope.

He's making a list, and checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty and nice, Indy Dave is coming, to town... :D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He's making a list, and checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty and nice, Indy Dave is coming, to town... :D

I like your gift for seeing the lighter side of things! Seriously, what happened to the good old days when traitors were dealt with as such? We have people roaming free today far more dangerous than the Rosenbergs who don't even make an effort to conceal what they do.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    A statist Dem from Rhode Island. No surprise, but still disgusting. So 2A is not unlimited? Now we get into what he thinks limits should be. Unbelievable but there it is. Checking the co-sponsors, I see many of the usual suspects. Don't these clowns take an oath to uphold the Constitution? If so, why doesn't our Justice Dept impeach them? Maybe in a Trump administration with Trey Gowdy as AG.

Well, I'm gonna cool off and help my wife out in the kitchen.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am no lawyer, but I see several instances in the proposal that will give them problems trying to implement, both legally and socially.
    I think the vast majority of the proposed legislation is blatantly unconstitutional, not that that makes a difference to this administration.
    I don't think it stands a snowballs chance of getting passed as written, especially not in an election year.
    I do find it interesting, and telling, that there is a specific exemption for "grandfathered" items. You can bet your bottom dollar that our Cheerless Fearleader wanted to ban EVERYTHING, and make it retroactive so as to authorize confiscation of all those nasty EBR's already in public hands.

I see this going nowhere fast, but I do hope Hillary picks this chain up and wraps it around her neck.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I like your gift for seeing the lighter side of things! Seriously, what happened to the good old days when traitors were dealt with as such? We have people roaming free today far more dangerous than the Rosenbergs who don't even make an effort to conceal what they do.

Actually I'm crying inside every day. The Republic is in dire straits, and you're right, these fools like where we're headed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am surprised Pete Viscloski was not. He will vote for it though.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I think it plays like this...

--We have Hillary as a probable nominee. Our base doesn't like her much but we don't want to kick her out and upset the Clintons as the other Bozo's are non-starters with the general electorate
    ---BUT to get our base out, gun control is a topic that will get them fired up....so lets bandaid a bad nominee by firing up our base with topics that get them rolling.

My surprise though is them not digging in and pulling out the Abortion debate. Abortion is the left's gun control clause. War on Women, etc. Maybe it just gets women fired up and that's not enough?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ugh...I couldn't read through that whole thing. I think I'll write to my RINO, the one that keeps promising me he's going to defend the 2A on his Facebook feed, (Todd Young) and see if he'll offer a bill to do anything like repeal the Hughes amendment or remove suppressors and SBRs from the NFA.

Top Bottom