• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That’s when things went from bad to worse. As he racked the slide, Nellessen noticed two more wolves approaching from the left.
    “It all happened so fast,” said Nellessen. "It was maybe 3-4 seconds and the wolves were on me.”

Common among military guys. Stop carrying on an empty chamber. Next time you may not be lucky enough to notice the ambush before it's sprung.

And, yup, psychological stops work on animals too.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And, yup, psychological stops work on animals too.

"So... you were abandoned by your alpha when you were just a pup. How did that make you feel?"

Part of me says BS to the story. I've never hunted rural Wisconsin, but how likely is it that 3 wolves would go after this guy?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Any person who tells you that they can predict animal behavior is an idiot. They can do whatever they want. You better be ready.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Part of me says BS to the story. I've never hunted rural Wisconsin, but how likely is it that 3 wolves would go after this guy?

Due to my great expertise with wild life in rural Wisconsin I will say...greater than 0% but less than 100%.

:D (I have no idea)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "So... you were abandoned by your alpha when you were just a pup. How did that make you feel?"

Hungry...territorial.....they are animals man. Vicious predators. 3 on 1 is good odds for success.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I call BS on the whole story .

This guy clearly made this story up to bolster his self confidence about his poor choice of carry caliber .

I'm surprised he didn't say he was carrying a 1911 .

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I call BS on the whole story .

This guy clearly made this story up to bolster his self confidence about his poor choice of carry caliber .

I'm surprised he didn't say he was carrying a 1911 .

They found blood.

A 1911 would've vaporized the mongrel.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    An unchambered .380 is still better than a stick.

In his case, once he racked it, somewhere between 200 and 300 foot-lbs of force...

bbti_380-chart1.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Wolves are a game changer.

Coincidentally one of our better friends we made since moving here use to live near our house. We often have "discussions" about who lives in a more a remote area. I always say it's him, he says it is us. By choice I am ever vigilant and always cautious when it comes to my dogs. Also whenever I head out on foot.

Then I crossed paths with them a couple times up close. They are bigger, faster, quieter then you think.

Then I heard some of our friends stories. He convinced us we were right to be cautious. We convinced him to get a better carry gun. Wolves are the #1 reason most people carry around here.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Lo

He drifted in to a den site or meet up site. If he had a dog, the dog might have warned him of their presence, but the dog would be dead. In general locals will know where some of these spots are and the DNR will too. You just stay the hell out of those spots. They are defending their pups in these locations.

Wolf caution areas - Wisconsin DNR

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    You have to admit it gives a whole new appreciation of "the great outdoors" knowing that there are still things out there that can kill and eat you. At least it does for me. Makes you feel alive.

Top Bottom