Guy Shoots Himself In The Hand At Beech Grove Range Tonight???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We responded to a person shot himself in the hand while cleaning his 2 shot derringer yesterday. We get these about once a week since Community East Hospital in on our zone and they call us for every GSW that walks in. You'd be horrified by the sheer numbers of accidental shootings that occur in this city on a weekly basis.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    We responded to a person shot himself in the hand while cleaning his 2 shot derringer yesterday. We get these about once a week since Community East Hospital in on our zone and they call us for every GSW that walks in. You'd be horrified by the sheer numbers of accidental shootings that occur in this city on a weekly basis.

Horrified? Probably not even surprised...

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    I am not suprised how many show up at a hospital during a week or day from this, some people just will not learn the rules of gun safety, they do not care or think they are bullet proof and it would never happen to them. YOU have to use whats between there ears and for some that is very little.

Pray he is OK, and I believe the kids will now understand the basic rules of gun safety after this

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Wow pretty tough crowd in here. The guy makes a huge mistake and the snide remarks come out. Shouldn't we be glad he was at least trying to get some practice and getting the younger guys involved?

What about saying "I hope he is OK and gets some traing" None of us are above making a mistake.

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Wow pretty tough crowd in here. The guy makes a huge mistake and the snide remarks come out. Shouldn't we be glad he was at least trying to get some practice and getting the younger guys involved?

What about saying "I hope he is OK and gets some traing" None of us are above making a mistake.

My thoughts here. I have to say I was more worried for the guy, when I saw the blood on the floor, than I was busy judging him by the mistake. Accidents happen and can be avoided by following some rules, but sometimes we have bad foggy days where common sense slips our grip. Sucks that this happened

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

And still there are even INGOers who are "too smart" :rolleyes: for the four rules.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

Plus 1 here as well.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    By being unsafe. Probably was unloading the weapon an just had to stick his finger on the trigger and press it while the other hand covered the muzzle. Or trying to cover the slide with his hand and ejecting the round while gripping the extractor and causing the round to discharge? I try to go when no one else is there. Sooo many stupid gun owners who think they don't need training and just go shoot without knowing squat about their gun

i agree 100%....but sometime anyone with a functional adult brain could just read the owners manual and watch a couple hours worth of tutorial videos...but many of these people wont even do that...i mean seriously, not even open the manual...ridiculous, they think cuz they can quote every line from rambo that they can work any gun in the world

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

It's about responsibility. It was an easily avoidable "mistake." One that hurts us all, especially the next generation.
    Training isn't required to learn, know and follow the four rules. You can do that sitting at your computer just like you are now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

We're guys. You've met guys before, right? If you hurt yourself in a stupid way I'm going to make sure you are ok, then point and laugh at you. Its what we do.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    We're guys. You've met guys before, right? If you hurt yourself in a stupid way I'm going to make sure you are ok, then point and laugh at you. Its what we do.
    I'll add that the poking and laughing is my way of helping you not forget your mistake. I'm glad the guy's ok and I hope he has a full recovery and learns from the experience.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It's about responsibility. It was an easily avoidable "mistake." One that hurts us all, especially the next generation.
    Training isn't required to learn, know and follow the four rules. You can do that sitting at your computer just like you are now.

I agree with you BW, but what gets me is that especially us as guys we feel that if we don't know about guns we are less of a man somehow. My dad never taught me about guns growing up. I had to learn from mistakes and even near mishaps in my younger days.

I have taught several people from church (men and women) about safe gun practices and correct firing techniques.
    Some of the men I have worked with will let you know in a one on one situation that they are unsure of proper gun handling procedures but try to act like they know what they are doing in a group to keep from losing their man card.

People will spend thousands of dollars on guns yet they won't spend hundreds on training.

Top Bottom