Guy shooting himself to test his bulletproof vest (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diesel Dan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greene County
    What is the old saying...."It takes all kinds to make a world"....or better yet a friend of mine mom use to have a saying..... "you can dress them up all you want you just cant take them to town"

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    We know you are tough Jetgirl:D

redcard_small.gif
    redcard_small.gif
    redcard_small.gif
    redcard_small.gif
    redcard_small.gif

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    For the young lions on INGO: The owner of Second Chance body armour used to shoot himself with a .44 to demo his vests. However, he would stuff phone books behind his vest to soak up the transfer of engery to his pizza paunch.

There was a popular video tape from the '80s which featured him shooting himself while wearing a vests and shooting the host of the video with an FAL.

A well-known gun writer shot himself at a seminar . . . but failed to pad his vest with a phone book, similar results were achieved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaS_2l8nGdg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I also know (and I have seen it) that some law enforcement units shoot at eachother while wearing bullerproof vests with a clay target fixed on their chest.
    They do it from 15 yards or so away, it's mainly a trust test to see if each agent trusts the aim of the other (since if they miss they get a head shot :n00b:).

Here is a picture of what I was talking about.
    It's also a good test to see if you can shoot under stress, it's not just like shooting at paper since a human life is in your hand.
    Just like what would happen during hostage rescue.

The gun used is a .357 Magnum revolver, notice that the group uses ear and eye protection for that now.The first picture is older, mid 90's.

gign-historique-1994-02.jpg

101_2972.JPG

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    That's a waste of a perfectly good/fair vest. The vest cannot be used any more $300 - $400 down the drain. It also looks like it could be out of date. I can't really tell how old the vest or video is but the new vests has NIJ standards (it's covered by a heavy plastic bag to prevent body sweat from damaging the kevlar). Also remember it pushes into the body about 2 inches plus before the round slows down. Thats like being punched by a baseball bat into the gut... no thanks. Kids, do not try this at home.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    For the young lions on INGO: The owner of Second Chance body armour used to shoot himself with a .44 to demo his vests. However, he would stuff phone books behind his vest to soak up the transfer of engery to his pizza paunch.

There was a popular video tape from the '80s which featured him shooting himself while wearing a vests and shooting the host of the video with an FAL.

A well-known gun writer shot himself at a seminar . . . but failed to pad his vest with a phone book, similar results were achieved.

Ahh yes, I remember those videos. That's a guy that puts ALOT of faith and trust into his company's product.

Top Bottom