Guy shooting himself to test his bulletproof vest (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For the young lions on INGO: The owner of Second Chance body armour used to shoot himself with a .44 to demo his vests. However, he would stuff phone books behind his vest to soak up the transfer of engery to his pizza paunch.

There was a popular video tape from the '80s which featured him shooting himself while wearing a vests and shooting the host of the video with an FAL.

A well-known gun writer shot himself at a seminar . . . but failed to pad his vest with a phone book, similar results were achieved.

I know, I have seen the same type of thing from different people that build ballistic materials.
    Like a guy who builds armored cars, he placed his face right behind one of the windows during a test.

I also know (and I have seen it) that some law enforcement units shoot at eachother while wearing bullerproof vests with a clay target fixed on their chest.
    They do it from 15 yards or so away, it's mainly a trust test to see if each agent trusts the aim of the other (since if they miss they get a head shot :n00b:).

I dont know if there a difference when a guys does that in his living room or when the CEO of a company does that in from of the media to show that he stands behind his product (literally :):).

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    eh hummm.... Every gun is loaded. :D

Well, ya got me there.
    redface.gif

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I dont know if there a difference when a guys does that in his living room or when the CEO of a company does that in from of the media to show that he stands behind his product (literally :):).

There is a difference between a product where you know exactly how it is going to react because you've done hundreds of tests before the demo, and just taking it on faith.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The only thing I find truly stupid is that he had no hearing protection on. I have seen body armor demos where people get shot at close range. The worst thing I have ever seen happen was a broken rib. I bet this knucklehead had a nasty ringing in his ear for a few days. Lucky he had a big ol belly.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :eek:

Trailer-park stupid is, as trailer-park stupid does..... Must've been some lead in that tattoo ink he used. Dummy......

:ugh:

Do tattoos make you stupid? I'm covered in tattoos - I'm also the guy who saves your life when you come to the ER at three in the morning.

But I digress - I don't want to threadjack...

From your local trauma nurse extraordinaire :patriot:

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Do tattoos make you stupid? I'm covered in tattoos - I'm also the guy who saves your life when you come to the ER at three in the morning.

But I digress - I don't want to threadjack...

From your local trauma nurse extraordinaire :patriot:
    Can you read??????

I SAID, there must have been ***LEAD*** in the tatoo ink he used.....NOT that his tattoos were stupid. I have one myself.. Sheesh...... :rolleyes:

Next time read what has been clearly posted before firing off a smart-azz remark that didn't even say what you thought it did......

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    hey i think it was a great idea....i want to know my vest is really going to work!

Ok really this guy is dumb...but at least it made me laugh.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    What really frightens me is the thought that he has probably already passed his genetic material along to the next generation.

Top Bottom