• ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    :facepalm:

I ordered the wrong ones... Part numbers are only 1 digit off and I didn't notice.

Looks like I need to get some M3s...

You're almost certainly going to be fine with the 2nd gens. Once you get into the ~$30 range for commercial plastic mags, you can be buying surplus steel for less. Or spending another ~$20 for ((10)) mags.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You're almost certainly going to be fine with the 2nd gens. Once you get into the ~$30 range for commercial plastic mags, you can be buying surplus steel for less. Or spending another ~$20 for ((10)) mags.

You're probably right, but I've been trying to buy with the mindset that I may never be able to buy more again so it's sort of bummer that I boned up and didn't notice they weren't M3s. I don't mind having them around as bonus mags, but I'll need to be adding some more quality to the mix. Just thought I had that based covered better than I do.

As far as the ((10)) Mags, I'm not sure where the real deals put me on parts count toward 922 depending on what rifle they could end up in some day. That's one of the things that attracted me to the Magpuls.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    As far as the ((10)) Mags, I'm not sure where the real deals put me on parts count toward 922 depending on what rifle they could end up in some day. That's one of the things that attracted me to the Magpuls.

922r applies to manufacturers.

On a totally unrelated note, there are some nice "Made in USA" steel stamps on ebay:

Made%20in%20USA_thumbnail.JPG

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    922r applies to manufacturers.

On a totally unrelated note, there are some nice "Made in USA" steel stamps on ebay:

Made%20in%20USA_thumbnail.JPG

Pretty sure 922R would apply to any sporter that I un-f'd as part of God's work and I may need the mag parts count to get, depending on a lot of things. Just better to have them and not need them.

...have considered the stamp before too. I like patriotism. :)

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So you are a promag fan hmm. Good luck with that. Also steel magazines cleaned up and a new spring is better than any poly magazine. It isn't hard to clean up a steel magazine + if they fit your rifle like a glove why buy cheap mags to replace them when they will last several lifetimes just by replacing the spring once in awhile. His $10 mags dropped to the ground every shot.

This is the only poly magazine I'd by for my AK47
    https://www.primaryarms.com/magpul-ak-pmag-30-m3-7.62x39-magazine-black

No. There are a wide variety of quality surplus, and new production steel mags that frequently show up in that price range. The current production Korean stuff is thinner metal, and not as good as the best surplus stuff, but seem to run reliably in any thing I've ever tried them in. Ive purchased them for the same price as a single Wolff spring. He'll not terribly long ago I grabbed a bunch of nice smooth back (Chinese if I remember correctly) like new surplus mags for $9.99.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have a WASR from the bad old days when Clinton got elected. I had to replace the mag release to elimintate fore-and-aft rocking, but after that it has run like a top. Have used a variety of metal mags with no problems. Stocked up on a bunch of bulgarian mags when they were on sale years ago, still have half of them in the plastic wrapper bathing in bulgarian oil. (I guess its oil, maybe it's hair grease?). But I have an assortment of other metal magazines, all have run well. Probably a good idea to lay in some Wolff springs tho.

Top Bottom