• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Did you hear the shooter at the end after he saw the guy. He looked at the RO (who obviously hadn't seen him) and said something like, 'what the heck is going on?'

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I can't believe how relaxed everyone was lol. You go to a place like Atterbury and the RO's will punch (exaggeration) you in the face for not taking the magazine out of your gun on a cold range, but here, there's a guy almost getting shot and the RO just casually tells him to get off the range. That would be some scary stuff!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's the RO's job to make sure NO ONE is down range before he gives commands to load and make ready. This RO didn't do his job. I'm sure there will be repercussions.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    The RO is at fault here, but the paster should have made sure someone knew if he was going back to finish pasting. The paster must have been wearing ear-muffs and didn't hear the shooter coming at him. This is why I always wear Pro-Ears with some electronic protection/cut-out. You would at least hear the range commands starting up and had a chance to shout out.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    +1 thats all on the RO. If you can't assume that responsibility then you can't be an RO. I once got in too big a hurry to run shooters through and called "Load and Make Ready" when someone was downrange. Fortunatly multiple people saw the guy and started yelling and the shooter hadn't even unholstered to load yet. I walked away, threw up in the bushes and years later still feel horrible every time I see that guy at a match. Don't get in a hurry and secure your stage, no excuses.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I doubt anything will happen to the RO or CRO of that stage. Unfortunately mistakes happen, and thankfully no one was hurt. This should be a learning experience for all involved as well as everyone watching this. ROs of a stage need to be in communication with one another before readying a shooter. It is the ROs (multiple) responsibility to make sure the stage is reset and ready for the next shooter.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Oh, something will happen. Would you squad with them?
    It may or may not be official, but that guy will be retired.

I actually would squad with them. You would have to believe that that would never happen again with them after this.

Top Bottom