• ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Wow. I'd really like to know why he was down range and why no one was aware of it prior to beginning the stage.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Sheesh, that's scary for the guy downrange, the shooter and the RO. I'll bet there were some elevated heart rates after that situation.

There have been a few times when we found some missed target holes or needed more pasties/stickies/labels and I had to grab a couple and go back downrange to finish pasting after everyone else was done. I have always let the RO, the shooter or both know what I was doing just in case.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I wonder if the opaque screens contributed to the RO and shooter not seeing him (or the paster seeing them) before the "Make Ready" command? You can see through the orange webbing but those white screens seemed to block line of sight in the video.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I wonder if the opaque screens contributed to the RO and shooter not seeing him (or the paster seeing them) before the "Make Ready" command? You can see through the orange webbing but those white screens seemed to block line of sight in the video.

Probably what happened, but never should have. Someone needs to clear the entire course before anyone even walks to the start point. Maybe even more than one person, depending on the size of the course, and presence of obstacles, and relay that information back, and have the RO make sure everyone who was checking came back and therefore off the course. Certainly a high pucker factor.

Time to review procedures.
    Make sure everyone is on the same page.

^^^^^^

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have never been to one of these, but it seems like anyone going down range should have to take a flag or marker of some sort and then hang it back on a board when they return. That way everyone knows if all the flags are not on the board, nobody starts shooting.

But like I said, I have never been to one so maybe something like that does exist and was not followed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have never been to one of these, but it seems like anyone going down range should have to take a flag or marker of some sort and then hang it back on a board when they return. That way everyone knows if all the flags are not on the board, nobody starts shooting.

But like I said, I have never been to one so maybe something like that does exist and was not followed.

Sounds almost what the Boy Scouts do for people in the water.

Top Bottom