• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    So... Is this thread about some random guy knocking on a door or Dredd's "badge"? Not that it got off topic or anything... It just seems to have alot "moer serious discussion" than most threads... :popcorn::ingo:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The badge flashing works great.
    Anytime I show my badge people freak out and leave me alone ... and I work at the hospital.
    It's not even a police badge or anything ...
    I never understood it.

img_7142.jpg

HereNthere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes, I think my tread got hijacked. If I wasn't afraid of their badges I'd say something.

Yeah, and I think I'm guilty of assisting in that. My apologies.

FTR...I think you handled the situation well. The only other thing you might have done, is call the police to inform them of the suspicious timing of this "inspection" offer. That might have saved someone a break-in down the road.:ar15:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I used to work for Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol, once I went to a guy’s house, he answered the door and flashed a badge, it scared me so bad that I soiled my pants, I let the balloons go and ended up keeping the $10,000,000 check, I got the “idea” that I would spend the money and maybe buy some new guns.
    (The story you read is true, the names were changed to protect the innocent)

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    Freaky people. I have had a similar situation in that case, but not having a handgun over a .22 at the time, grabbed my AR. I tried my best to conceal the weapon by not opening the door much, it seemed to work just fine.

Now I got a glock 19 from Jahred.

FWIW, it felt like the guy was looking to see if anyone was home to have an opportunity to steal some stuff, this seems more like a situation where a poor fellow had to meet his quota and totally blew it off till the last minute.

Oh, and I got a badge from the INGO booth at the 1500.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I have to say that red badge is pretty friggin cool! When you think it's not possible you get Dredded! It might even top the gold one. I don't know if it's possible but I would think about starting a new name... Maybe Dredd2?... That should do it.

Sorry for participating in the thread jack but you can go down in history for helping give a neg rep badge :)

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I have to say that red badge is pretty friggin cool! When you think it's not possible you get Dredded! It might even top the gold one. I don't know if it's possible but I would think about starting a new name... Maybe Dredd2?... That should do it.

Sorry for participating in the thread jack but you can go down in history for helping give a neg rep badge :)

Should we turn "Dredd" into a verb? Like, stop trolling or I'm going to Dredd you to oblivion!

:D

Top Bottom