• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    There's not a whole lot of authority in this badge...

picture.php

He probably realized you weren't a reputable person and he was going to be violated in his naughty spot...

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    i once had a guy at my door wanting to talk to me. I said i wasnt interested and flashed my badge. he got the idea

Thats the most amazing rep i have seen on this board serious what did you say to get it. Well with this post i can just imagine.Good luck on ingo, Im surprised your not banned by now.:dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Thats the most amazing rep i have seen on this board serious what did you say to get it. Well with this post i can just imagine.Good luck on ingo, Im surprised your not banned by now.:dunno:
    He was picked on and bullied a lot when he was kid, I'm not a psychiatrist, but that is pretty obvious, kinda sad really. It's a good thing he's not really a cop, trolls like him, and the way they think, are really what is wrong with our country, and he's the last thing cops need. It is kinda fun to watch his rep and hope that a red badge shows up though.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Getting back to the point of the post.

I've had someone knock on my door at night too (I'd say most people have). I look out the window, if I know you I answer the door (armed), if I don't know you I simply don't answer the door. I can simply walk away, The dogs bark a lot,but eventually they give up and go away (the person knocking, not the dogs). If I didn't invite you to my home or I don't know you, 8:00 pm is a really bad time for introductions. Just because someone knocks at your door doesn't mean you have to answer it. I've been known to do this during daylight hours too. I don't care for solicitors and this way I don't have to insult them. Now if you have bad intentions and want to force your way in, I will be far enough away from the "funnel" and prepared. Avoiding confrontation can very easy.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Please less name-calling and moer serious discussion
    Okay, one time, this dude knocked on my door at like, 2:15 PM, I told him I wasn't interested, and flashed my badge, he got the point I guess, but I still thought he looked a little suspicious, so I face planted his sorry ass on my porch, then stood on his neck till "back up" arrived. Useless punk cried like a baby, hahahahaha. I found out later he was the cable guy, there to install my digital cable. Damn, my picture sure sucks now, but oh well, he got the point. Yay for me!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've had someone knock on my door at night too (I'd say most people have). I look out the window, if I know you I answer the door (armed), if I don't know you I simply don't answer the door. I can simply walk away, The dogs bark a lot,but eventually they give up and go away (the person knocking, not the dogs). If I didn't invite you to my home or I don't know you, 8:00 pm is a really bad time for introductions. Just because someone knocks at your door doesn't mean you have to answer it. I've been known to do this during daylight hours too. I don't care for solicitors and this way I don't have to insult them. Now if you have bad intentions and want to force your way in, I will be far enough away from the "funnel" and prepared. Avoiding confrontation can very easy.

I agree I do the same, I just dont answer.
    I wait until they walk away or deside to break in to get shot.
    Simple enough. :)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My wife got freaked out, because who goes around at night doing winterization checks. How can he adequately evaluate a home at night?

I'm not saying you did anything wrong. But he probably wasn't doing the checks. He was most likely taking names and ph #s for the people who would be doing the checks to set up appointments. Quite a few companies do it. They send out a low level/lower paid guy to canvass the area and find people interested. And they do it in the early evening because that is when the most people will be home.

But then again crooks do the same.

Top Bottom