• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It looks like it was left in direct sunlight while resting on an uneven surface.
    hipoint01.jpg

That's the reason you buy the ATI aftermarket stock so you can get away from the POTA look (Planet Of The Apes).

See how awesome and good looking my Hi-Point 995 looks with it!
    picture.php

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What an analogy

I wouldn't buy Taurus "The Judge" because it is just too big and ugly, however I would love to have a chance to fire one. It's sort of like watching Joe Theisman break his leg. I didn't want him to break his leg, but I couldn't look away from the TV each time they showed it.

A correlation between Joe Theisman's leg and a revolver? Very creative.

Incidentally, Mr. Theisman recovered in "my brother's hospital' as we called it (the hospital where my brother was engineer in charge of facilities).

My wife owns a Judge and we like it. I remember the break of Joe Theisman's leg very well as you can imagine from my screen name.

Terry

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like guns that look well used. Scratches, carry wear, layers of Krylon. So I'm not so much in love with slick polished surfaces. But I do appreciate a good rust blue and walnut.

With that in mind I wouldn't buy any Beretta shotgun with their xtra-wood or whatever they are calling it now. Essentially a low end walnut stock laminated with high end wood grain. Or maybe painted. Anyway, low end walnut still looks good, so I don't see the point.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I used to only buy guns that I had a hankering for at the time, but I have recently changed my tune. Now, I will buy just about anything that I am pretty sure I can make money at.

People tend to pay a lot less for ugly guns which helps me get them at good prices. That has allowed me to buy the guns that I really want to keep after making money on the guns that some people think are ugly.

In a weird way, I like ugly guns...

Chondro788

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    SE Indianapolis
    I hate to say it, and many people will disagree, but I have yet to see a Glock that I really like. They seems like squared, boring black guns. I would agree they are great guns, just not nice looking to me. :dunno:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Glocks. I know all about them, no need to flame. I'm not really a hater, just don't like the looks. Oddly enough, I DO like the looks of the XD compacts. And I'm not saying I'd never buy a Glock. Probably just not in this lifetime when there are so many other spiffy looking peashooters out there.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I don't like any gun with safety warnings stamped all over it.

"Gun will fire with magazine removed"
    "Read manual before using"
    bla,bla,bla

S&W, Ruger and others are bad about it. I won't buy them.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I don't mind ugly guns, but my CZ P01 is a prima donna and insists that anything I buy meets certain standards of beauty.

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    I just don't really care for a LOT of the OLDER handguns...mainly the target Rugers, German Lugers, etc.

Im only 22yrs old, so I like the newer style guns unlike a Lot of people. I'd rather have a Gen 3 Glock Frame with the Gen 4 Slide!!

YES, Hi-Points are FUGLY!!! uummm.....I can't really think of anything else!

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    little double barrel darrengers, although I kindof like the ones that shoot .410/.45 long colt. All the ones that shoot .22 lr, .25 acp, .32 acp, so on just don't appeal to me. Overpriced little boogers too.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Let's try to not make this into a High Point thread.

For me and this is only personal opinion.

Sigs. I have absolutely no experience with them and I believe they must be great guns due to the loyal following they have. I just believe they are ugly.

Berettas. Same as Sigs.

Anything in a Mannlicher stock. I like the looks of Mausers and Kentucky rifles, but for some reason think Mannlicher stocks are ugly.:dunno:

Any semi auto Smith and Wesson, Ruger, and CZ.

Anything bullpup. I don't even like that name.

Typically I'm a man of function but I like my guns to look good.:ingo:

Berettas are ugly? If you look at the picture below and conclude that it is ugly, then that HAS to be (and I'm no theologian) some kind of religious blasphemy:

Beretta92FSINOX.jpg

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Berettas are ugly? If you look at the picture below and conclude that it is ugly, then that HAS to be (and I'm no theologian) some kind of religious blasphemy:

Beretta92FSINOX.jpg

Nope, not my thing. I like boxy looking guns more like Glocks and 1911's.

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    rugers
    taurus 92 (the beretta is one of the best looking guns available IMO..the taurus is just a poser and pains me to look at)
    glocks
    XD subcompacts (incredibly "top heavy" look)
    hi-point, of course

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well I'm in the market for a compact/subcompact 9mm. I really like my Xd service, but the subcompact ois one ugly gun. Too unbalanced with that chuncky @@@ slide, and that short 3" barrel.

Top Bottom