Guns you’ve owned, that you’d never buy again (and why?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    Siq Mosquito. The trigger pull is horrendous, but the fact that Sig service can't even answer emails puts me off them.

And obviously Glocks of course, who wants an exploding POS. :)

I was thinking about picking one of these up for the GF. Speaks volumes youd never buy another one. I appreciate the reply.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I owned a charter arms 38 that was horrible, bound up cylinder every 4-5 shots. I also had a Ruger Mark II that wouldn't feed rounds reliably and most of the time crushed the cases about half way between the bullet and rim while feeding. Had a Dan Wesson that spit lead shavings back at me every 2-3 rounds. I have owned some bad guns during my life. My Sigma 9mm is such a nice shooting and functioning pistol- doesn't really make sense.

gregtheplumber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    valparaiso
    well for me i would have to say my sigma 9mm. it function great but the problem i had is it seemed to big and boxy on top. only gun ive ever sold it was an easy choice out of my guns for me.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Daewoo .40 S&W was the worst gun I purchased. I had trouble with from day one. It had a vibration in the handle when fired. I had a problem with the safety. I sent it to them for repairs and it took two months to get it fixed and back to me. I will never own one again.

Is there anything Daewoo doesn't make?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Taurus! had a 357 snub nose 5 shot revolver, sent it back 2x one of the chambers would never fire. After I got it back from Taurus put one round through it and it locked up. I fixed it and sold it at a gun show...talk about a pos

kaforgey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Camden
    I also have a Taurus snub nose 357 (650 CIA). It goes bang ever time but the trigger is horrible. I should have saved up a little more and bought a Smith

pricedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Life Member NRA & GOA
    Some people don't deserve to own guns

Ruger P85 9mm.
    Own only Ruger revolvers but hate their pistols.

Gotta respectfully disagree.

Super Redhawk DA revolver in .454 Casull :rockwoot:- fantastic hunting revolver and 1/3 the price of a Freedom Arms SA.
    Ruger .357 Mag. Security-Six revolver:rockwoot: still going strong after decades of use.

Just love my Ruger Gov't MKII .22 LR (an industry classic):rockwoot: pistol & P89DC:rockwoot: in 9mm.

Got the MKII pistol from a guy who said it malfunctioned & jammed constantly.

Took a whole afternoon cleaning the impacted dirt & grit out of the action & magazine slot. Looks like he dropped it in a mud puddle and didn't bother cleaning it.

The barrel had NEVER been cleaned since it came off the assembly line at Ruger and needed a copper wire brush and an hour to scrub the accumulated crap & crud out of it........it was essentially a smooth bore from the fouling when I first inspected it.

If he abuses a high power firearm like he abused this pistol he will likely be wearing the receiver after it blows up in his face.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I've got two...

Glock 22 3rd gen. Done every thing you could do to make it not make your fingers go numb. Pit a mag through it and your fingers WILL BE NUMB. Glock says nothing wrong with it. I call bs.

Davis 32. Horrible little gun. Actually shot the barrell out of it and turned it into a smooth bore.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    HK VP70 owned 2, heavy gun and extra heavy trigger
    Rossi 357 revolver, ok single action, but would not fire double action
    Maverick 88 12 gauge, would not feed shells properly

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    An all-steel full size EAA Witness in .40
    Total jam-o-matic on every type of ammo. Jammed every other round. Sent it back to the factory. Then jammed about every third round. Got rid of it.

Kel-Tec P32. Arrived with half the barrel as a smooth bore (the barrel wasn't fully machined). Sent it back. Got a new barrel, but constant failure to extract and stove pipe jams. Liked it otherwise, just not reliable.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Para-Ordnance P10...I don't know if I ever got a full magazine to fire through that thing without a jam!

:rolleyes:...Uhh....:popcorn:....Tell ya what.....You give a dollar for ever round that go's down the pipe....an' I'll give ya a hund'rd (100.00) for ever time it jambs(mine don't....)....be the easiest 1000.00 bux (or more...) I ever made....:):

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Walther P99 40S&W:

Pinches the heck out of my finger between the trigger and trigger guard. Luckily it is my wife's and it doesn't pinch her. Even if it didn't pinch, I didn't care for the recoil.

Walther PPK:

Sharp edges and unreliable. I had to do some "billy bob gunsmithing" to get the thing to not fail-to-feed every 1 out of 3 shots. After about 50 shots, the rear of the frame caused my hand to bleed. This one was actually not mine, it was my brother-in-laws. I agreed to fix the FTF issue for him.

Taurus PT140 Millenium:

Fail-to-feed and fail-to-eject problems. Needed a replacement recoil spring and they sent me the wrong one 3 times before I gave up.

Maybe the Walther P22:

It is a ton of fun to shoot, it is a good platform for a suppressor, but I can't shoot the thing worth a darn. It has a real nasty trigger. I always have to switch to another gun after shooting it so I can leave knowing that I don't suck.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Walther P99 40S&W:

Pinches the heck out of my finger between the trigger and trigger guard. Luckily it is my wife's and it doesn't pinch her. Even if it didn't pinch, I didn't care for the recoil.

Maybe the Walther P22:

It is a ton of fun to shoot, it is a good platform for a suppressor, but I can't shoot the thing worth a darn. It has a real nasty trigger. I always have to switch to another gun after shooting it so I can leave knowing that I don't suck.

Is the p99 a german or s&w 99? Also, rework the p22. Look uk p22 bible on google. I LOVE MY P22!!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Ruger Mark III.

Need a mechanical engineering degree to disassemble and assemble, picky with ammo.

My CZ Cadet 22lr conversion is more accurate and has yet to hiccup.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Is the p99 a german or s&w 99? Also, rework the p22. Look uk p22 bible on google. I LOVE MY P22!!

Its the German P99. My finger slides down the trigger when it recoils and then when I let up to reset the trigger my finger gets pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the top of the trigger guard.

I have done everything to my P22 outlined in the P22 bible. The only thing I haven't done is attempt to polish the sear to lighten the trigger pull. Its a fun reliable pistol (when using minimags or goldenbullets). I just can't shoot it worth a darn. @30' I get 4-5" groupings. If I use a Ruger Mk III I can get 1" groupings. Any other pistol of mine I can completely pop out the bullseye on a 6" target but with the P22 it looks like I was shooting a shotgun. I can shoot better doing rapid fire drills on my 9mm 226. I think its just a combination of having a bad trigger and not weighing anything (which makes it easier to move while pressing the trigger). Its a BUNCH of fun if you are plinking cans and stuff. Perfect for someone's first try at shooting. However shooting at targets with it is just depressing.

I just got a .22 conversion for my P226 that I haven't tried yet. If it works well, the P22 will likely get forgotten in the safe from now on except when I am taking friends.

EDIT: I should add the REAL insult to the P22... @30' I can shoot better with my LCP than with the P22. My hand might hurt like hell afterwards, but at least it puts the bullets in the bullseye in tight groups.

Top Bottom