• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And then, there is this:
    iraq-4.jpg

The real, honest-to-God caption, which if it were posted here I would think was in jest:
    Members of the Iraqi Special Operations Forces shoot during the clashes with the Isis gruop in the city of Ramadi
    Reuters

Yes, indeed, even with the typo.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That's what I was talking about. They look like they have no idea what they are getting in to. I wish them the best of luck though.

That said, I bet if a scenario broke our here tomorrow in the USA where citizens had to take up arms in defense of themselves, there would be more than a few INGOers with a similar look on their face...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Were they trying to shoot down an enemy helicopter, or hoping that the trajectory of the rounds would take out enemy a mile away?

Anyone notice the guy on the left has an attachment for his 5.11 tactical hat? Someone got free shipping and a coffee mug from LA police gear.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This picture is kind of sad to me. When I look at this picture, I see a bunch of kids that have no idea who they are going to stand up against. I wish them the best of luck, but have a feeling the bulk will end up in a mass grave along some road somewhere.

That's what I was talking about. They look like they have no idea what they are getting in to. I wish them the best of luck though.

To All,

I find myself in agreement with the above ^^^.

It reminded me of this scene, where you can't tell fired up kids what the truth is. After 100 years we still haven't learned from Paul.

All Quiet on The Western Front - Paul's Speech to His Old Class - YouTube

Regards,

Doug

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Check out this one. Lots of stuff going on in this pic, which is also a group that is apparently going to try to fight ISIL.
    iraq.jpg
    How did the guy in the back find a Shield in Iraq?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      982.9 KB · Views: 11

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    598x398xscud-syria-isis.jpg.pagespeed.ic.21S1gt8j9D.jp[B]g
    [/B]
    As you can see, ISIS uses AK-47 armed guards to protect their newly captured FREAKING SCUD MISSILE!

This stuff gets crazier and crazier.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I thought this interesting:
    web1_1531077-bb640152276b4f82b51d06b98b7ba02d.jpg

Caption reads "An Iraqi federal policeman stands guard as his colleague searches a car at a checkpoint in Baghdad, Iraq..."
    So the unarmed policeman holds the trunk open while the soldier with the PSL DMR roots through the trunk. Not the best use of resources here. I wonder if he trades any confiscated booty for extra mags? Those things aren't easy to get.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    haha

I think the "standing guard" dude is in the background, with the "normal" AK. :)

(Not the guy holding the trunk, who is probably the driver of the car.)

Granted, I'm still not sure that's the best use of resources. It was probably just PSL-dude's turn to get his hands dirty.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Im sure every side Is benefiting from abandoned Iraqi equipment
    [video=youtube_share;RojiK_l45hY]http://youtu.be/RojiK_l45hY[/video]
    Good. Let the Kurds get the equipment we paid for and use it to defend their lands. ISIS, or ISIL, knows that opening a second front with the most powerful fighting force in Iraq (because let's face it, The Iraqi military sucks) would be a terrible strategic move for them. The Kurds could deliver a decisive blow to them and whip them in open combat.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    i think that those chaps with the random assortment of guns has a better chance than you think. the isis or whoever it is, is fighting in THEIR backyard. they know all the people, whats suppose to be there etc.

Iraq has a strong gun culture from what ive been told and seen in pictures. as well as they are use to frequent shootings etc since 2004

tell me, how would you and your neighborhood group look after you just chased out a bunch of hooligans who were fing up your neighborhood? this is the only way those groups will be defeated, when the local average joe, or ahmed or whoever and their children have had enough and just kill the bastards

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Kurds have a much better chance than the Joe Iraqis jumping around. The Kurds are organized and motivated.

ISIS has a combination of people who trained in other 'Stans and regular army defectors from various places. They are more than a gang of hooligans or even probably a militia.

Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    I too have been impressed. American products would have to be expensive unless it was aid or left by the military.

Having been over there a few times, you will always find coalition provided gear/weapons in the hands of the bad-guys... the "good guys" will sell it, give it away or have it "stolen".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, the ISIS pics are usually too chilling for me to justify posting. There's some pics of a guy using a revolver to execute some non-ISIS people. I'm curious what the revolver is, but not curious enough to post it.

Top Bottom