• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Following up on the thread "Guns of the Ukrainian Conflict" I saw this pic and thought it might be interesting to start one regarding the expansion of the ISIS/ISIL group across the Middle East. Given that they could have a significant number of battlefield pick-ups, and the people arrayed against them could come from many different backgrounds, there could be some interesting firearms displayed.

And, just to get this out of the way, this is not about the politics of it or the inhumanity. Bloodshed like this is a tragedy, even moreso IMHO because it is being carried out in the name of religion.

Yes, it may be cold blooded to be interested in the firearms with which they deal their cruelty, but, well, I've been called worse.

Anyway, this is the pic that made me think of a thread like this:
    450658688.jpg

Lotsa tacticool stuff on that AK.

I wonder if they make fun of Cheaper Than Dirt over there, too.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    In theory they could have access to the same knock off Chi-com tacti-cool do-dads that we all have. I doubt that the Chinese government or those companies are too worried about ITAR regulations that the US companies must comply with. If some of the equipment is genuine, my guess is that it is either

A) Stolen, perhaps as battle field pick-up
    B) Part of foreign aid
    C) Supplied illegally through weapons smuggling.

I do have to laugh at the double fore grips (one grip, one grip pod) on those AK's. Kinda makes you wonder if they are getting that same "tommy tactical" sense of satisfaction as some gun owners do when they get the new UTG catalog and put one of everything on their rifle.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Check out this one. Lots of stuff going on in this pic, which is also a group that is apparently going to try to fight ISIL.
    iraq.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Check out this one. Lots of stuff going on in this pic, which is also a group that is apparently going to try to fight ISIL.
    iraq.jpg

So much "wow" in the picture.

Guy front and center has about as much tacti-cool garbage from the UTG catalog on his AK as one could possibly put on it. Not even sure what that is in front of the monopod. Interesting to see what looks like KAC rail covers on his dust cover mounted Tri-Rail, and what could even be a SOPMOD stock. Perhaps those are take off's from a battlefield pick up M4 carbine or from US supplied M4's to Iraqi Police? Of course the gratuitous terrible trigger discipline is a must.

Then there is the guy with the Chrome'd out AK with plastic side folder conversion, a goofy bi pod, and what looks like a light and laser mounted about like the engines on an A10.

Then there is the dude that brought the enfield to the Ak party. Bet he feels like Mr. Friggin Cool guy about now....

I do like the Chinese Spike bayos. That one double folder Ak is actually a pretty nice piece. Bet he could get good money for it on INGO!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The guy with the underfder (looks like single under folder to me) has the cool wolf tee shirt on. Glad to see wolf tee got into the conflict.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Was thinking the guy in the gold polo had the double folder. Hard to see but looks like a folding stock. Definitely don't see a wood stock. Then again could missing and be a "gasp" rifle converted to a pistol illegally.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Goofy guns? Check.

2. Goofy crap on guns? Check.

3. Lack of razors? Check.

4. Naan guts? Check.

5. Fingers dead smack on triggers? Check.

6. Goofy footwear? Check.

7. Wolf shirts? Check.

How do we know this photo is not from the Indy1500?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    1. Goofy guns? Check.

2. Goofy crap on guns? Check.

3. Lack of razors? Check.

4. Naan guts? Check.

5. Fingers dead smack on triggers? Check.

6. Goofy footwear? Check.

7. Wolf shirts? Check.

How do we know this photo is not from the Indy1500?

Because there weren't any NDs.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The stock on the SMLE looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. So this is where all those old battle rifles are going that can't be imported here, I bet it doesn't have any importers marks on it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    iraq.jpg

The 3 on the left (chrome AK, bolt action and pistol) are all using proper trigger discipline! (They must have been reading Kirk's post the night before)

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    If you ever get the chance to check out an Iraqi's AK, they are something else. I will have to dig up some pictures, but they take them to a gunsmith and have them decorated. The most beautiful rifle I have ever seen was a Gold plated Dragunov with beautiful etchings that would make your pants sticky.

We recovered one of Saddam's Assassin's briefcase MP5s, gold inlaid etchings all over it, even had the cyanide tipped bullets still in the case.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The thing I've noticed about the anti-ISIL civilian militias is that it looks like a bunch of college kids that finally got to shoot their dad's rifles. I mean, do these guys look like any match for the ISIL terrorists?

Uh... no.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Couple more that show the inroads AR-15s are making.

Mideast%20Iraq%20Shiite%20Militias-1.jpg

Any idea what that accordion-style stock is kinda in the middle?
    108281f1638a2717570f6a70670024cd.jpg

Another one
    02d6eafc638a2717570f6a706700e366.jpg

For the record, ISIS has a few AR-aficionados, too, but those pics are mostly too depressing to post. They are some evil you-know-whats.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    iraq.jpg

I'll caption this one:

Post robbery celebration.
    "Yeah, man! That Goodwill store didn't even see it coming! No more man dresses for us, look at all this nice merican clothes!"

Top Bottom