• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As long as the football stadium isn't on school grounds, then it's 100% legal in Indiana.

Note: colleges and universities aren't "schools".

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    While Michigan law specifically addresses "sports arenas or stadiums," and even "an entertainment facility that the individual knows or should know has a seating capacity of 2,500," Indiana has no such restrictions except, as has been pointed out, those that relate to K-12 "schools". Areana and/or stadium owners may have "policies" that prohibit firearms, but those policies to not have the force of law. If discovered, you could be asked to leave, and if you refused you could be charged with trespassing.

Here's a link to the Indiana code:

Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

And the ISP FAQ:
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Are there signs, or a voice announcement prohibiting weapons, or firearms?

Yes, its on the loop announcement that plays over and over. If your a season ticket holder and are found to have a firearm I would bet you get your tickets revoked. I have carried a few times but usually leave it in the car. Security is stepped up at games if for no other reason traffic control.
    I sit near the douchebag know as "Don" and I wondered if he carried or not. Good thing is dons not in real good shape nowdays.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Yes, its on the loop announcement that plays over and over. If your a season ticket holder and are found to have a firearm I would bet you get your tickets revoked. I have carried a few times but usually leave it in the car. Security is stepped up at games if for no other reason traffic control.
    I sit near the douchebag know as "Don" and I wondered if he carried or not. Good thing is dons not in real good shape nowdays.

Are you talking about Railcats Stadium, or Lucas Oil Stadium. I have Colts season tickets , and have the recorded announcement memorized.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I have carried in Lucas, if you go in at a crowded gate they do a poor job of searching, and they have never checked my ankles. I left when the gamecwas over on my own feet, no handcuffs

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I have carried in Lucas, if you go in at a crowded gate they do a poor job of searching, and they have never checked my ankles. I left when the gamecwas over on my own feet, no handcuffs

Yeah, they are not real thorough, but I drive 160 miles each way to the game, so I would not want to chance spending the night in the lockup with my wife and son left to fend for themselves.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    They can't arrest you for carrying there as it's not against the law, worse that could happen is lose your season tickets and be asked to leave, you can't be arrested for breaking a rule or policy.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I thought that would be illegal since it is a school function? Someone please enlighten me :patriot:
    It would have to be a K-12 school function on a college campus for that law to apply. Otherwise, each college/university might set their own rules, which are not laws.

For instance, if it were a high school game in a college stadium, then there would be legal ramifications.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    So....getting all hypothetical with it...

What about the IHSAA Football Championships at Lucal Oil...might that then be illegal to carry (think of the children!!!)

It is a K-12 event, but is it school use, or IHSAA use which, AFAIK, is strictly a governing body and not related to any particular school system or the Dept. of Ed.

I have no desire to go, but just curious what some of those intimately familiar with the law and, hopefully, case law might say.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom