• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is embarrassing to myself and the Great State of Indiana. "I'm all for 2A, I just don't want anyone to bear arms" is my take-away.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sounds like Bloomington is in desperate need of a new mayor....and police chief.

Too bad the intelligentsia, i.e. professors and others educated well above their own level of intelligence, dictate to the entire town routinely, so that will never happen.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    As I read his explanation of what the State Government did to His City - Bloomington - I was smiling and proud. Thank you Indiana! Thank you for bringing a modicum of common sense to a city that damn well does not deserve it.

What is the rate of homicide by firearm in your city Mr. Mayor?

How does that rate compare to other cities of your size across the nation? How does it compare to cities with much higher restrictions...Chicago for instance?

Has anyone - ANYONE - gone on a shooting rampage within your city since the legislation was handed down?

Right. STFU!!!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The thing that really pissed off the mayor and other offended residents is that they could not enforce their will on the guy at the pool and they could not enforce their will on the panther ridge guys at the parade. They saw something they did not care for, picked up their phone to have someone come and stop it and were told that it was beyond their control. They are not used to being told "no". They are used to being bossy butts and they are used to getting their way. Trust me, the guns do not offend or scare these people 1/100th as much as not getting their way offends and scares them. They breathe rarefied air, they are catered to, they get their way.

I wish the mayor had left the police out of his article. Trying to keep a lid on tens of thousands of drunk kids, a horde of transient heroin addicts roaming the downtown, plus the general nonsense and violence a town this size naturally produces, they have their hands full without being dragged into political theater.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The odds of them getting murdered would go down dramatically if word got around that some of them were carrying, but alas...

The odds of them dying from any cause would go down most significantly if they stopped getting "falling down drunk", but I totally get that part of the attraction of some foolish behavior is the risk of it. I was a college kid too once upon a time. It is a miracle any of us survive our youth.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Someone showed up at a city pool open carrying and then Panther Ridge training center had guns on their vehicle in the 4th of July parade. People complained and now Mayor Hamilton is whining about it in an editorial in the New York Times. I am so glad I live outside of town but really wish I could vote in the city elections. There is so much more to worry about in Bloomington than two displays of firearms where nothing whatsoever happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/o...ine-guns-on-parade-and-nothing-we-can-do.html

This reminds my why I say 'Bloomington is a great city to be from...far away from".

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Poor Mayor Snowflake needs a safe space.

What a tool.

No place for comments on the article, darn it!
    You have to get on their Facebook page.

It's funny. I was making fun of the mayor on a local forum and learned a couple of new things. It seems exposing children to open carry is a form of violence. Also there is no need for anyone to carry at all in Bloomington. It is a safe town and anyone frightened enough to carry a gun needs help.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You have to get on their Facebook page.

It's funny. I was making fun of the mayor on a local forum and learned a couple of new things. It seems exposing children to open carry is a form of violence. Also there is no need for anyone to carry at all in Bloomington. It is a safe town and anyone frightened enough to carry a gun needs help.

I guess that IU automated alarm thing (my wife signed us up for) that went off Thursday morning for an armed robbery near campus was just a figment of my imagination? :)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Ain't life grand when you're an ostrich, and have your head buried in the sand.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    a horde of transient heroin addicts roaming the downtown, plus the general nonsense and violence a town this size naturally produces,

This makes me very sad.

I was just back in Bloomington in April. Had a fantastic time. I am saddened that Bloomington has that now.

Top Bottom