• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    You know, I think it may be wise to listen to the good advice. However, in the event that you cannot listen to the advice because you are incapacitated by a certain and sudden need to cuddle... I say strap a shotgun to your leg and show up with that. Or, if she doesn't like that, go buy a nice pair of handcuffs, a cheap cop costume, and strap the real gun the way cops do. Call it role-playing.

DING DING DING we have a WINNAH!!!

yep +1,000,000.

added bonus its halloween costume season.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Relationships are a two way street, but if either member allows major things in thier lives to be changed by the other member in the relationship, it has become a one way street and very unfair lifestyle for both members... a doomed relationship....

Explain it, and if she can't make a move towards accepting you as you then there's no spark.... get out quickly and find someone that is in need of a two way street relationship, not a one sided one where they manipulate you the rest of your life.

Just my .02 cents worth......

Oh, and you could always date a Gunbunnies model.... most of them are Home grown Indiana girls and love firearms, but your on your own on that one... I just take thier pictures.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Relationships are a two way street, but if either member allows major things in thier lives to be changed by the other member in the relationship, it has become a one way street and very unfair lifestyle for both members... a doomed relationship....

Explain it, and if she can't make a move towards accepting you as you then there's no spark.... get out quickly and find someone that is in need of a two way street relationship, not a one sided one where they manipulate you the rest of your life.

Just my .02 cents worth......

Oh, and you could always date a Gunbunnies model.... most of them are Home grown Indiana girls and love firearms, but your on your own on that one... I just take thier pictures.

Show us. Force him to change his mind with some lovely pictures. ^.^

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Ya know, I just re-read Pami's post on the first page.
    She is right on! If this chick is just a cheap once-in-a-while fling who doesn't mean anything to you and there are no plans for a long term relationaship.... HECK Go HIT it!!!! or cuddle if that's what you wanna call it. (but disarm first)

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Honestly the best way IMO, is to get her to a range and let her shoot it. Every woman that I have ever met that has been timid about guns has had a new found revelation after pulling that trigger.

Seriously...

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Honestly the best way IMO, is to get her to a range and let her shoot it. Every woman that I have ever met that has been timid about guns has had a new found revelation after pulling that trigger.

Seriously...

I'd agree here if you can get her to the range. A very good friend of mine in MI that I've known for years used to be afraid of guns, and was scared when I carried around her, made her nervous. But I kept doing it anyways. Well fast forward a few years and this summer she wanted to learn how to shoot. She came down here to visit for a weekend, I took her to the range. And she absolutely loved it! Going there she said she was scared she'd have too much fun, and afterwards she said she was right and she did have too much fun, lol. We are planning for her to come down sometime next month to hit the range some more, plus likely some other activities. Thing is she seems to have kinda expensive tastes, lol. Out of all the guns of mine I took, her favorite to shoot was my Springfield 1911 loaded V12. I could hardly load the mags fast enough, lol.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow, I'm not sure how much help this post will be, but I'll try. I was in your exact same place a few years ago. She didn't like guns, but she didn't even know about me packing until she "felt it" and she didn't like it so much. I just put it to her straight, I carry for self-defense etc. etc. Slowly she got used to the idea, and eventually began defending my stance to her family (mostly grandparents) when they talked about the crazy boyfriend that carries guns. Anyways, as she became more accustomed to the fact that guns are actually safe when properly handled etc. I began inviting her to the range. She finally accepted and we had a blast. I won her over with a simple trip to the range. Now I'm engaged to her (getting married in May), her mother (my future mother-in-law) has a picture of her shooting a handgun hanging on their fridge. Now, when I spend money on gun stuff, she scolds me, and says that I am supposed to be saving money to buy her an M16. :rockwoot:

A few notes about the actual process:
    With many people, it is a slow process. You have to be up front and honest about it. If it gives her the hebe gebes, and you don't mind doing so, take it off when you cuddle for a while. But be straight and honest, that eventually, you're going to stop taking it off, so she needs to get used to it. Offer to teach her about guns, and gun safety, and explain why they're only dangerous in the wrong hands etc. When/if you take her to the range, don't go to a public range where there are a lot of people shooting. The reason for this is twofold, it is easier to instruct/teach her this way; it is also less overwhelming, girls are often very self-concsious, so if she had any thoughts about trying to shoot, your best chance is going to be somewhere private, where it is just you and her so nobody is around to "judge" her etc for never handling a gun before, it will also be less distracting because the only gunshots going off will be hers and yours, and she won't be scared of all the other people with guns.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    I had this same problem with my former girlfriend Now Wife as of 10/10/09 (yeahyeah I know I have sucker on my forehead) or as the Security Guy and Orange co Sheriffs dep. at Disney have put it as we were walking through the gates in unison..." Congrats on your big day!!" WOOOWWWW and another one bites the dust":laugh: Best damn greeting I have ever had!!LOL
    Anyway when we first got together I had the same issue she wouldnt look at,touch and sometimes complained when I brought into her apt in the beginning. So what I did I got my buddies p22 and snap caps... I was bound and determined to get her to realize guns werent "BAD" I put the snap caps in the 22 and told her to just play with it if she wanted to get used to guns I showed her how to used and experiment w it in a safe manner, tought her dry firing basic safety etc. after a bit she warmed up to it, Then one day when I came home from work the clouds parted angels sang and she said I wann go shoot this thing.... with real ammo and away to the range we went. I started her off with Aguila super collibri just to get her used to the pop didnt want her to get scared and drop it and over the course of an hour or so...... She was blazing away at pop cans and targets. She actually shoots it better and my buddy and myself:ar15: Now she wants to shoot anythig I have, nothing is safe my AR my buddys SKS Remmy 700 in 300 win mag, heck she even latched onto my buddys 7 1/2 in Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 mag granted she only shot it once ... but I give her an A for the effort and the look on her face LMFAO it was priceless
    Start her off small she might grow to love them and then you'll be SOL you wont get to shoot any of your guns anymore

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    (yeahyeah I know I have sucker on my forehead)

Picture002.jpg

:dunno:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    No matter what, if you get her the slightest bit interested in firearms, DO NOT do this to her!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iQSnb_5Fqs&feature=PlayList&p=18EB0D51B83DCEAB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=76"]YouTube - Gun Scare Prank firecrackers[/ame]

Top Bottom