• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    :+1: Great Advice. Glorious actually. and in a sane mindset anyone with have a brain would follow it.

However I don't like it. not one bit. and i choose to ignore it.

Truth and good advice is sometimes difficult to digest.

If you ignore this advice, then do not complain later in life how she directs your every move.

I will never let the withholding of affectionate activity decide how or what I think or act.
    My ex withheld sex for six years before I left her. Although the reasons I left her were NOT in any way related to lack of physical avtivity, I decided during that time period that the manipulation game is totally wrong!

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Truth and good advice is sometimes difficult to digest.

If you ignore this advice, then do not complain later in life how she directs your every move.

I will never let the withholding of affectionate activity decide how or what I think or act.
    My ex withheld sex for six years before I left her. Although the reasons I left her were NOT in any way related to lack of physical avtivity, I decided during that time period that the manipulation game is totally wrong!

cuddling dude cuddling :D. And i don't plan on giving in. I just don't plan on giving up either. I rock at this game.

I'm just looking for a creative way to warm her up to guns is all.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I bought the last gun that gave me the hebe jeebies.... therapy, ya know.....

Jay's got the "if you can't beat 'em...join 'em" plan going there. I like it.

In all seriousness, if she's Ms. Right (other than this silliness about guns) you've got a challenge on your hands. Maybe getting her to stop at the range with you to "tweak a new sight" or "function test the gun" after replacing some part while you are on the way to something she wants to do would not be a bad thing.

Most people who get the heebie jeebies about something just don't understand those things well enough to know when there should or should not be a concern. We all know safe gun handling and don't get bothered when we see someone handling a gun...unless they start doing something silly that we know we should be concerned about. That only happens because we know enough to know what's ok and what's not.

Maybe her seeing that the gun is not so 'scary' when she sees you at the range would make it better for her. Heck, my wife knew that guns were part of the package, but she never shot. I did this...eventually got her to shoot a little (using the true explanation that I believe she should be able to safely use any guns in the house) and she actually owns her own 9mm now. It could work.

Hopefully you'll get some other ideas and can use them all to find one that works for her.

If, on the other hand, she's Ms. Right Now...do what you've gotta do man and for God's sake, log off and get to it. If you are wondering which she is, post pics and we'll let you know.

:D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    cuddling dude cuddling :D. And i don't plan on giving in. I just don't plan on giving up either. I rock at this game.

I'm just looking for a creative way to warm her up to guns is all.

You got any female friends that shoot? See if they can get her to go target shooting with them

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just do what they do. . . . . "I'll be right back . . . I gotta freshen up . . . . ." and then head to the bathroom to disarm.

Or decide that her feelings are more important than your preferred method of self protection.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    275px-Crash_arp_600pix.jpg

Eject_eject_eject.jpg

eject.jpg
    EJECT, EJECT, EJECT!

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    A girl I dated for awhile wasn't cool with firearms when we first started dating, so we just sorta didn't talk about it. One night we were bumping around Broad Ripple, and there was a kinda shady situation, and she picked up on the vibe.

"See baby, this is why I carry. It's not an ego thing, it's a protect myself and those I care about thing."

She later ended up going to the range with me regularly.

Oh, and uh, pics or it didn't happen. :D

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    This a hard one.

If this is about cuddling, like on the couch, can't you just have a safe next to the couch and put the pistol in there for the duration of the cuddling?

I would, if it guaranteed cuddling, and it did not ruin my tactical capabilities.

But, there is an additional suggestion I would make: DO NOT disable the beeps the safe makes when you are putting in the code to disarm or arm. If your safe does not make an annoying sound, get one that does! You want to get the cuddling, but you also want her to acclimate and understand what you are doing for her. NEVER let her pretend you are not doing her a favor, never. She needs to know so that SHE can acclimate to your being armed. And if the beeping bugs her.... then maybe she can put up with a little metal in the mix.

Good luck.

:ingo:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    she doesn't like to see them, and refuses to even touch one. :rolleyes:
    Remember, "no means NO" :banana: LOL

Only you can know how serious this relationship is. If it is just fun, then it is just fun. Fool her and put the gun in the bathroom like someone said. Or get a pocket gun she never has to see.

Or, if it is getting serious, then decide what is important to you before sacrificing your happiness. I decided that having similar politics was pretty important to me, especially nowadays, given how much I keep up with current events. Similar morals and beliefs are necessary to have a fulfilling relationship.

You have to see eye to eye on important things. Otherwise you will end up like this.

:whip::bigballs:

:postpics:

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Get yourself one of those 'holster vests' and keep your gun in that when you are in the mood... that way, when you take the vest off, it goes with without having to be exposed (the gun, that is)

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    If you are really cuddling, she'll have to get over it. Accept that you come with guns, and deal. Her punishing you by not cuddling is just manipulation, a nasty way to try to control you. Put up with it now, you'll hate yourself later.

Now, if you are wearing a gun when "cuddling," she may have a point.

I agree 100%

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You know we have a Women and Firearms forum that actually covers this question.. although on a more permanent-relationship type level than a fun-right-now level.

From a female perspective: the guys are actually pretty right on. If this is just a "fun" encounter and there's no lasting power, it's not worth it to try to change her mind, because it isn't something that happens overnight. Get a bolted safe for your car and store the gun before you go in to her apartment. If this has the potential for a permanent relationship, you need to either change her mind (in which case, check out the W&F forum) or change your affection for self-defense.

The guys are also right about the manipulation: if she's going to control your gun habits, she'll find other things to control, too. Girls are funny like that.

Sorry to burst your bubble. ;)

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    You know, I think it may be wise to listen to the good advice. However, in the event that you cannot listen to the advice because you are incapacitated by a certain and sudden need to cuddle... I say strap a shotgun to your leg and show up with that. Or, if she doesn't like that, go buy a nice pair of handcuffs, a cheap cop costume, and strap the real gun the way cops do. Call it role-playing.

Top Bottom