• Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    No but I have seen his work...
    Amazing...

Have you seen/heard of the RMW Uppers that are Direct Impingement?!
    Currently saving for my next project... ;)

Or a Signal device...

Saying here I am please do something to help me out of here...
    No I have not seen that, sounds hot, but the Mosin is longer and has more FIRE.

If I do a one off caliber..............My friend owns a company called Tactical Machining and frankly his .300 blackout SBR upper is looking like whispering death and may be on my radar in 2013. So are his soon to be released 10/22 receivers, it will go in my half priced blemished AGP folding stock. Anyone could shoot either of those guns.

But I digress, this is about Mosins or whatever and here is a great idea. 10/22's with the AGP folding stock and break down kit, Tech sights on the gun and a silencer. Now that is a hand out gun.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Of course. All the history buffs know the Germans PLAN everything first. They come by their hate naturally for the English gardner and their organized chaos. If they had captured England, the first thing they would have done is fixed the whole island...............buying the USA time for a counter attack.

BUT that pesky Mosin was up their butt on the Eastern Front. Although, you kinda have to blame Hitler for that one, not superior weapons design.

Also blame the millions of Russian soldiers shooting so many mosins that they overwhelmed the germans

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Also blame the millions of Russian soldiers shooting so many mosins that they overwhelmed the germans
    Actually that had very little to do with the Russians winning against the Germans...

What defeated the Germans can be summed up in one word, Logistics... ;)

That one word also defeated Napoleon...

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

If I do a one off caliber..............My friend owns a company called Tactical Machining and frankly his .300 blackout SBR upper is looking like whispering death and may be on my radar in 2013. So are his soon to be released 10/22 receivers, it will go in my half priced blemished AGP folding stock. Anyone could shoot either of those guns.

But I digress, this is about Mosins or whatever and here is a great idea. 10/22's with the AGP folding stock and break down kit, Tech sights on the gun and a silencer. Now that is a hand out gun.

Actually that had very little to do with the Russians winning against the Germans...

What defeated the Germans can be summed up in one word, Logistics... ;)

That one word also defeated Napoleon...
    Et Tu Jeremy? Quoting historical facts.

A gun used a by a military machine that cares not about casualties is not a glowing endorsement. You see plenty of Russians picking up guns from dead Nazis any chance they got. Yuri wanted Adolph's guns, he just had to kill first to get it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Does Tactical Machining have a Web Page?!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Et Tu Jeremy? Quoting historical facts.

A gun used a by a military machine that cares not about casualties is not a glowing endorsement. You see plenty of Russians picking up guns from dead Nazis any chance they got. Yuri wanted Adolph's guns, he just had to kill first to get it.
    The fact is that the Germans had to truck EVERYTHING in. The Russians laid waste to anything they could not hold. Hell the Russians probably done more Destruction to themselves than the Germans Caused.* When the they left there was nothing but burnt earth, and rubble...

*May not be a Historically Accurate statement... :popcorn:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Mass casualties is not a huge success and as stated before Russia only had the luxury of implementing mass suicide attacks because of the German's collapse of their logistics AKA Hitler was nutz. The Mosin could have been a stick in terms of how it was deployed, Russia still would have won. That part of the world in general is known for their broom handle charges on machine gun nests.

Honestly, you are gong to have to get up a lot earlier and pack a big lunch before you start handing out the history lessons in this forum.

One guy with a semi-auto AR, good position, tactics and 30 round mags can F-up ten guys with Mosins.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The fact is that the Germans had to truck EVERYTHING in. The Russians laid waste to anything they could not hold. Hell the Russians probably done more Destruction to themselves than the Germans Caused.* When the they left there was nothing but burnt earth, and rubble...

I think we are on the same page, I just worded it poorly. I was accusing you of being correct. Now you have gone and added MORE historical facts to this thread! Facts and Logic = FAIL!

How come you never see the snippy, wanna be anarchists in these threads? They let the kid do their fighting for them.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I'm not saying the death charged were effective because of the Mosin I'm saying they were effective at demoralizing the enemy. Hitler was insane but stupid not by a lobgshot he underestimated the Russians

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    so, a few of my buddies know that i am the right guy to come to if shtf....if you had to choose 3 or 4 extra guns to buy for your buddies in case of a shtf scenario, what would they be? cheaper the better

None
    If they are my buddies, know I'm a "gun guy" then they are "gun guys" too.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'm not saying the death charged were effective because of the Mosin I'm saying they were effective at demoralizing the enemy. Hitler was insane but stupid not by a lobgshot he underestimated the Russians
    I agree, killing people tends to demoralize them.

Hitler made decisions based on emotion. Any German (or Swede for that matter) that does that is insane and that will always override intelligence.....hence the bad tactical and logistical decsions made by Hitler. His intelligence was no longer a factor, he thought he was an infallible God.

Example: Your emotional attachment to the Mosin obscures part of your mind from tactical logic. You are at least 50% English/Western European.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Example: Your emotional attachment to the Mosin obscures part of your mind from tactical logic. You are at least 50% English/Western European.

I have logic. I'm not saying the Mosin is a better weapon than the AR or AK or SKS ect ect. Im saying it would work for SHTF purposes. People use them to great effect as a hunting rifle. In a SHTF scenario your not going to be killing everything in sight! Your going to be surviving. The Mosin is as good a rifle ( In my opinion) as your gonna get for $69.99. The Mosin is built like a tank and the gun has proved itself against many enemies ( So have other rifles I know ) and when the SHTF I'm definitely throwing it in the car

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I wonder if in the future people will have this same arguement except Thea gun like the AR will take the place of the Mosin

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have logic. I'm not saying the Mosin is a better weapon than the AR or AK or SKS ect ect. Im saying it would work for SHTF purposes. People use them to great effect as a hunting rifle. In a SHTF scenario your not going to be killing everything in sight! Your going to be surviving. The Mosin is as good a rifle ( In my opinion) as your gonna get for $69.99. The Mosin is built like a tank and the gun has proved itself against many enemies ( So have other rifles I know ) and when the SHTF I'm definitely throwing it in the car

You are old enough to drive?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Also included with the logistics, lets not forget the ill equipt troops during the winter. Heck the cold probably killed more Germans than the mosin

Top Bottom